ADVERTISEMENT

When Will So Cal Fans Wake Up to the Massive Cheating by MD and SJB

raffidog123

Nov 11, 2018
I watch with interest how Mater Dei and St. John Bosco continue to play fast and loose with the transfer rules. I guess they finally realized the only way they would ever beat De La Salle in the State Open Games was to blatantly cheat and bring in numerous transfers from any high school year that a transfer might be in.

Even if MD blasts DLS in this years state game, as far as I am concerned, Bruce Rollison is still a legitimate 0-4 against DLS. Pretty shameful the way these two teams are running their programs.

DLS is no different. Conspicuous by their success. Give it a break. They all play the same game.

Reactions: RedZone90
I watch with interest how Mater Dei and St. John Bosco continue to play fast and loose with the transfer rules. I guess they finally realized the only way they would ever beat De La Salle in the State Open Games was to blatantly cheat and bring in numerous transfers from any high school year that a transfer might be in.

Even if MD blasts DLS in this years state game, as far as I am concerned, Bruce Rollison is still a legitimate 0-4 against DLS. Pretty shameful the way these two teams are running their programs.
I don’t see them “cheating,” and two kids who would have started for us are starting at MD instead. Last I counted there were 16 Murrieta kids taking the long van ride out to the Trinity League teams. The schools, coaching, and facilities are enticing. From my experience most of our area transfers to the Trinity are parent-initiated. There are definitely street agents, and WCA is essentially an 8th grade prep school for the TL. My son was recruited this offseason by an assistant on a different TL team and that’s the only real direct recruiting connection to a coach I’ve seen, and he was smart enough to engage a go-between.

Kids are going to play where they want to play, and the CIF rules allow for kids to change schools for football now. If they sit their 5 when required I’m fine with it.

And as far as the “0-4” thing goes, that’s just nonsense. Kids would be eligible by the time playoffs start anyway. As I said, players are allowed to change schools for football.

Please define exactly how they “cheat”. Then please provide proof of how they “cheat”. Seems like you’re already feeling the angst of another loss, and just looking for a release.

Hard to really take a concrete stance.

Some of these public schools are run so poorly from top to bottom that as a parent you really don’t have a choice but to send your kid to a private school. At the same time it’s kind of a joke how some of these private schools don’t even bother to develop kids, they graduate a stud and get a stud who’s gotten varsity reps at another school to replace him.

Gavin Newsom isn’t doing anything to make public schools more appealing to parents either...

The south is becoming just like the north has been for the past decade plus. De La Salle then a massive drop to 2-5 in the region. It's the same way this 1-2 MD/Bosco then a drop to Centennial/Mission Viejo/Narbonne.

The south is becoming just like the north has been for the past decade plus. De La Salle then a massive drop to 2-5 in the region. It's the same way this 1-2 MD/Bosco then a drop to Centennial/Mission Viejo/Narbonne.

....more like the last 30 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT