ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and RB Jordon Davison (Mater Dei) have apparently parted ways. Here's how Texas is analysing why...

Dave Keefer

Jul 4, 2001
From our Rivals Texas staff:

Texas recruiting fans were thrown a bit of a curveball when Rivals.com’s Adam Gorney reported in his Rumor Mill column that the Longhorns were “all but eliminated” in the race for five-star running back Jordon Davison.

Texas had fallen behind Ohio State in that race … that much was known. But to find out the Longhorns were essentially non-factors for the Mater Dei product was an unexpected revelation.

In checking around on Monday, I think you can pretty much call time on this one as it relates to Texas. Word is that Davison is no longer considering Texas at all, but sources also indicated that it might have been the Longhorns who pulled the plug on this one and chose to focus their running back recruiting efforts elsewhere.

This might turn into a case of saving face ... “you can’t fire me, I quit!” ... but it doesn’t really matter in the end. What you need to know here is that Davison is now focused on four schools – Ohio State, Oregon, Alabama and Michigan.

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe there are hard feelings on either side, so it’s probably safe to label this one a sort of mutual parting of ways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News