ADVERTISEMENT

Western Division - Bay League preview

gvgrizzlyfan

Aug 15, 2005
Here is the link to the preview of the Bay League in the Western Division. Everybody says PV is still the team to beat. http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/20140822/daily-breeze-football-preview-palos-verdes-looks-to-extend-its-league-dominance

Not a great opening in week zero for the Bay League. I give Mira Costa a pass in their 70-34 loss to Notre Dame. I don't think that may have any bearing on how they perform in the Western Division. PV is a little more interesting after their 49-28 loss to Narbonne but I still won't count em out come playoff time. They get tested again this week against Moorpark. Mira Costa still gets some competition this week against Downey, but I am guessing that will be a much more reasonable challenge than the Notre Dame game was.

We found out that North Torrance from the Pioneer League will not roll over for anyone as they beat Redondo last week. Redondo will wish they had a rematch against North this week cuz Upland is the opponent will absolutely crush them.

North Torrance continues its Bay League run against Peninsula this week so we should get a good gage of where Peninsula will be in relation to Redondo.

The other two schools that are new to the Bay League this year, Morningside looks like they are just looking for an easy opponent to compete against as they open against Animo South. Inglewood is kind of the unknown in the playoff race in the Bay league. Will they be good enough to beat Redondo & Peninsula? That is unknown yet without seeing at least the game this week against Laguna Hills.

The northern leagues in this division may have a chance in the playoffs based upon week zero but Costa & PV may have both faced opponents that might be better than anything they will see in the Western Division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT