ADVERTISEMENT

CIF SDS First Round of the Division II Playoffs

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
QB Joseph Vinup paces Oceanside High to a 28-3 win over Steele Canyon

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Simcox Field at John Carroll Stadium-Oceanside High School-Oceanside, CA-Friday, November 2, 2023: After a winless season in 2022 of 0-10, the Pirates of Oceanside continued their football tradition in a winning manner as their record improves to 7-4 and defeated the Cougars of Steele Canyon at 5-6 by a 28-3 score in a CIF Section Division II First Round Playoff Game.

Fale Poumele Head Football Coach at Oceanside on his first CIF Playoff victory over Steele Canyon. "It was good to get the win in my first year in the playoffs our kids follows our game plan, executed their responsibilities and did very well today." "Last year our team went 0-10 and these are the same kids that are returning for us, so we added a couple of sophomores and juniors when I came in I changed the way on our kids on how to think for the season."

"Joe Vinup did great on his 3 touchdown passes he executed well looks for his receivers and that is how we won, Joe and DaMariay those kids are good athletes as they threw together in practice." said Coach Poumele

QB Joe Vining threw for 93 yards along with 2 touchdown passes to Da Mariay Vivian for 10 and 13 yards and 1 to Akili Hearn (1 reception for 33) for 33. David Daniels contributed for the Pirates as he scored on a run of 9 yards.

The Pirates will be at Del Norte in a Division II quarter final round next Friday, November 10th kickoff at 7 PM.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT