ADVERTISEMENT

San Diego CIF Division II Basketball Finals Boys and Girls

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-San Marcos High School-San Marcos, CA-Friday, February 23, 2024: For the first time in Francis Parker School at 20-9, the Lancers made school history as they won their first CIF San Diego Section title under former San Diego State standout and head coach Courtney Clements as they defeated the Knights of Victory Christian Academy at 22-6 Francis Parker

13 points each by Gigi Ong, Kaitlyn Raagas and Brieana Brown for the Lady Lancers of Francis Parker

Courtney Clements Francis Parker Head Girls Basketball Coach: "It feels good to get the win in my third year as head coach and I have developed these young ladies into good basketball players ,they are talented and play together as a team. When we led 19-15 there was a lot of energy along with nerves out on the court along with a lot of turnovers so we talked about taking care of the ball along with being patient and aggressive at the same time."

Gigi Ong on her performance on the court for Francis Parker: "I have confidence in my team as were ready for this game from the start, we have the lead they almost have a way of coming back but our defense was the main focus in the game today." " In the second half we picked up our shooting a lot along with being aggressive which helps keep the open shots the halftime talk helped us play better basketball It felt great as we registered our first CIF San Diego Section title."

Victory Christian performers. Mai'ana Morita led the Lady Knights with 19 points

Sportsmanship Awards at the conclusion of the game went to Maya Stinson of Victory Christian

On the boys side in the CIF Division II Boys SD Section Basketball Tournament for the first time since 2011 the Centurions of University City High School Centurions at 24-8 behind the 24 point performance of Dylan Griffin, 23 points by Ash Aka as he hit 4 trays in the game and Ben Gavani with 16 defeated the 24-8 Longhorns of Rancho Buena Vista by a 72-57 score.

University City Head Coach Alex Golland: "I am just super happy for my players they worked hard and were amazing tonight." "I am super proud of how we performed When we led 29-25 we always have been a second half team all year with our athleticism, our defense did well on the court tonight, Rancho Buena Vista is an outstanding squad but our team wore them down and did well on shooting and defense

CJ Aldrich led RBV led with 24 points and 10 by Trent Lolito

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT