ADVERTISEMENT

Mission Vista 2 run rally in home 6th defeats Escondido High School 3-1

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-4-4-24 Mission Vista High School-Oceanside, CA: The Lobos of Mission Hills came back from a 1-1 tie as they scored 2 runs in the home 6th as they defeated the Cougars of Escondido by a 3-1 score.

The Lobos scored their first run in the bottom of the third as Hunter Gemmell led off with a single and scored the first run on Q Mangohig rbi single.

Escondido tied the game at 1-1 as Michael Gonzales led off with a single and scored the tie run on an rbi triple by Jeremy Oakley,

In the home 6th the Lobos of Mission Vista came back as Rowan Cooke led off with a single and scored on a Bodie Wagner rbi singles to take a 2-1 lead. Kain Burnside scored the third run on a wild pitch to make the final score 3-1

Bill Conley Mission Vista Lobos Head Baseball Coach: "We always attack the best we can as our first 2 runners reached base which was huge we had a guy that needed a bunt and delivered." "I feel the biggest thing for us is just that these guys believe in themselves along with in each other." "I just want to put them in the best spots I can for them to be successful but today we pulled the win for our ballclub. "

"Bodie Wagner is efficient and what's great about him is how he manages the game well, keeping his pitch count down, works efficiently and doesn't get himself into much trouble and did an outstanding job along with my other reliever in William Voights struggled a bit at the end and did the job for us." "Right now were doing the right thing whether we play streaks or not we are believing in each other in the team and the product that does the job which leads to better results." "Our next opponent is El Camino they have been playing outstanding baseball this year said." coach Conley.

The Lobos of Mission Vista improve their record to 9-6 and ride a 3 game winning streak while Escondido 6-9 ride a 3 game losing streak

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT