ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Ralph begins second year at El Camino

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
Jerry Ralph begins his second year at El Camino High with exciting talent

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer- In his second year with the El Camino High School Wildcats, second year head coach Jerry Ralph feels this squad will be very exciting one. With a 2016 record of 3-8, the Wildcats return a lot of key people in different positions

We return a veteran group at the skilled positions from last season"

"At the Running Back position we return 2 people in Kam Bullock and Chris Brown,who I consider one of the best backs in San Diego History, we return Lance Garner who has a lot of speed along with a JV kid in Alex Pedka who is quick." said Jerry Ralph Head Football Coach at El Camino High School

"At quarterback, Jaden Casey has started for us for 3 years and works real hard which is important for us and is a captain of the football and the lacrosse teams he has good grades and has been recruited by Ivy League Schools we will be throwing the ball to slotbacks in Rance Garner. Demarcus Griffin and Dwayne Stewart " Malachi Russell who is at wide out is new to our squad he is learning the system and in game will be hard to cover and a good receiver in North County."said coach Ralph.

" My tight ends are Chris Brown who I will use on occasions in that position who is on the bubble of getting an offer somewhere but what I really like about him is passion and love of the game Keith Bullock and Wayne Steward at wide receivers." said coach Ralph

Offensive Line: "I expect our offensive line to be strong 4 starters returning in Alex Rodriguez is our main starter coming back but will be strong on the line and Jalen Newman whose brother played at University of San Diego along with last year Jose Maldoza and Nick Parker who is our center the heart and soul of our offensive line and Ed Amonte who is very strong." said Coach Ralph

Defensive Line: " I have a great defensive coordinator in Michael Hobbs who is an excellent educator and extremely great addition to my coaching staff along with John Gise my defensive backs Wayne Cherry who is my defensive line coach and Steve Avangela working on linebackers, those 4 coach will help us improve a on defense" said Coach Ralph

" Our returning defense from 2017,Rocky Katuonga is one of the top linebackers in North County and have switched him to defensive end along with 2 cornerbacks in DeMarcus Griffin and Kameron Bullock, middle linebacker Jacob Saga and Chris Brown who will be creating some havoc for our football team when he gets in there, Daniel Duronho will be at outside safety is a fun guy to coach along with Isaiah Gonzales will be both outside safety for us and at linebacker, Jacob Saga is a junior middle linebacker Saofai Sao is an outside backer Chris Brown is an outside backer and Rocky Catawanga at outside linebacker." said Coach Ralph

"Kevin Perez is going to do the kicking and punting for us right now and has looked good in training camp. said Coach Ralph

The Wildcats open up at Point Loma on Friday, August 25 these 2 schools met last year and lost to Point Loma 42-35 in CIF Sectional Division Playoff.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT