ADVERTISEMENT

DVL Elite 11

CalSportFan

Jan 28, 2003
The Desert Sun newspaper showcased what they figure are the best 11 football players for the upcomming season. Some nice props for the kids. Should be a good season for PS this year. They're hoping to be the first PSHS back-to-back CIF champs.

Desert Sun Link

Reactions: Dave Keefer
Hey ole pal - are you going to make any trips down to the California desert to catch any PS games?
Ain't retired life great?

Hi Dave. Yes it is. I play golf 3x a week, my handicap has dropped significantly and I've checked a few things off of my golf bucket list.

I'm planning on at least one game, and some practices too. I miss the SoCal competition as I knew so many of the coaches and players, and I had three boys go through the program. (Me too back in the late 60's) Utah FB is fun to watch. Well coached kids and very competitive teams. My daughter's school won their version of CIF last year in a snowy game at the University of Utah. Great entertainment but I do notice the teams here don't quite have the speed that the SoCal teams have. The teams have a few fast guys, but overall the games are slower. The games remind me of a De La Salle team (much lower skills here mind you.) Good coaching and disciplined players fulfilling assignments. Very little sheer breakaway speed though. The division here in St. George is similar to the CIF Eastern. Good talent but mid-sized schools.

Reactions: simidave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT