ADVERTISEMENT

Kiah Reid 2 touchdowns and Peja Tausulu's 5 yard game winner paces El Camino to 21-13 win

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Herb Meyer Stadium-El Camino High School-Oceanside, CA-Friday, August 20, 2021: A year after COVID hit our country and all the sports were played in the spring, the 2021 high school football season opened up with a lot of good defensive plays, turnovers but mostly quarterback interceptions which lead to touchdowns which is called the opening game jitters.

In a well played football game that was contested at Herb Meyer Stadium on the El Camino campus, the "Miracle" Camino magic of Kiah Reid (Passing 8 completions out of 15 attempts for 83 yards 3 interceptions and 10 carries for 38 yards 2 touchdown runs of 2 and 3 yards) after trailing 13-7, scored his first touchdown on a 2 yard run to go up 7-0, scored the game winning touchdown on a 3 yard run with the PAT good to go up 14-13. Again the Miracle Camino Magic came back as Pe'a Tausulu (7 carries for 45 yards)known for his skills on the offensive and defensive line, was inserted in the fullback position as he ran the ball for 5, 9, 4 yards his last carry scored the Camino magic touchdown on a 5 yard dive which ended up on 9 plays 98 yards to make the final score 21-13 in favor of the El Camino Wildcats.

Michael Hobbs head football coach of El Camino: "We struggled a bit and continued to battle we dug ourselves out before, its a good team effort on this opening game." "QB Kiah Reid made errors as he threw 4 interceptions in the first half, which one of them resulted in a touchdown. "He disciplined himself on why he made mistakes improve a lot in the second half and did his responsibilities on the field." "Kiah and I have made mistakes on calls in the first half, but as the game improved we continued to talk with each other."

"On the game winning touchdown Kiah Reid 14-13 continues to play well as we communicate the important plays that we use for our touchdowns." "Pe'a Tausulu mostly plays on the offensive and defensive line as I wanted to pick him at fullback has done well for us and will let him run the ball more. " said Coach Hobbs

Kiah Reed El Camino QB: "I threw 3 interceptions in the first half so I leaned on my offensive lineman for me to run the ball more. As we trailed 13-7 our offense wasn't sharp all of us have our own issues even though it's a team game we made some mistakes In the second half I was more confident on my throwing and passing ability when I scored the go ahead touchdown to go up 14-13 we were fired up played well throughout the game

Other performers

El Camino Mylam Curry 20 carries for 95 yards Tate Reed 6 receptions 64 yards

St. Augustine's Isaiah Pressley 12 carries for 92 yards Kyle Herberger 4 completions out of 14 attempts for 37 yards 1 touchdown pass of 20 yards to Ayo Shotonide and teammate Justin Johnson 22 yards interception return for a touchdown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT