ADVERTISEMENT

Giovanni Hart's 4 touchdown pace Mission Hills to a 27-13 victory over rival San Marcos

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Mission Hills High School-San Marcos, CA-11-10-23-When these 2 rival schools played the last time was for the Discovery Bowl on Excelsior Field on the campus of San Marcos High School where the Grizzles won by a 35-7 score on Troy Huhn's 2 touchdown passes of 19 and 12 to Ryder Rydell along with the 67 yard touchdown run by Giovanni Hart.

This time again it was Mission Hills that won again in a well battled 27-13 score behind tailback jr sensation Giovanni Hart who rushed for 291 and 4 touchdowns.

Giovanni Hart on his performance vs. San Marcos: "We all played well but there are some things that we need work on and executed our run game well." "The second time we played San Marcos is that we focused on some of their key players, we had great practices leading to this game. When we led 7-0, San Marcos gave us a good fight on the gridiron but we dominated the second half." When I scored 4 touchdowns today, I keep up on my feet and not let the other teams break me down." Our next opponent is El Camino they won't stop me while running the football."

Other Grizzly performers:

qb Troy Huhn passed for 45 yards

San Marcos performers:

Tabari Lane led the Knights with 42 yards, Kreet Makihele 93 yards rushing threw a 14 yard pass to Jace Nix (55 yards receiving). Ted Voorhees ran a blocked field goal of 75 yards for a touchdown.

Mission Hills with host the Wildcats of El Camino next Friday on Friday, November 17th at 7 PM.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT