ADVERTISEMENT

Granite Hills holds off Lincoln for the SDS Open Division Title and wins 27-26

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Snapdragon Stadium-San Diego, CA-Saturday November 18, 2023: In one of the most thrilling contests, the Lincoln Hornets fell short of winning their 2nd SDS CIF State Football Section title as they have fallen to 11-1 as they were defeated by the Eagles of Granite Hills High School by a 27-26 score. This was Granite Hills 2nd title in school history. With about 1:00 in the game the Hornets rallied in Eagles territory at the 8 and fumbled the ball away to Granite Hills.

Granite Hills Performers

Max Turner ran for 70 yards and scored 1 touchdown run of 3 yards
Zac Benitez 142 yards passing along with 2 touchdown passes of 76 and the game winner of 3 yards to Josh Zander (94 yard receiving) for the winning score , 1 pass of 45 yards to to Parker Vance. 45 yards receiving.

Zac Benitez: It's an amazing win all Glory to God along with my coaches believing in me 2 touchdown plays Joshua Zander is a great player he can come down and can do anything with the ball in his hands on the last touchdown play he was able to hold it I was scared." "That defensive play we made on stopping Lincoln was very outstanding but we got it done thanks to God." "When we prepare for the CIF States we have to take things one at a time

Lincoln performers Akili Smith 227 yards passing threw 2 touchdown passes of 34 and 39 yard pass to Donald Reed 73 yard reception yards and also scored on a 25 yard run, Aylen Bollinger blocked put for score.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT