ADVERTISEMENT

Navy bound Jaden Mangini 5 yard touchdowns passes LCDS to a 39-38 win over Fallbrook in ot

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Fallbrook High School -11-17-23-In a well played contest that was played at Warriors Stadium on the campus of Fallbrook High School, Jaden Mangini rushed for 85 yards and threw for 168 yards along with 5 touchdowns including the game winner to Quinton Cesaire (109 yards rushing) to go up 39-32 before the Warriors scored in overtime as Chris Bausch led with for 238 yards rushing scored on a 3 yard touchdown to go within 1 and failed on a 2 point conversion as LaJolla Country Day School won by a 39-38 overtime thriller.

Naval Academy Bound Jaden Mangini qb at LaJolla Country Day School : " On the stat sheet my performance was good but I have to rely on my teammates to do their job. "For the winning touchdown I have to rely on my offensive line to do their responsibilities and am glad for Gianno Kassab for the touchdown."

LaJolla Country Day School performers; Davin Doak contributed with 26 yards rushing. Jack Circuit 26 yards rushing.

Fallbrook performers: Jackson Christofferson 91 yards rushing scored 2 touchdown runs of 2 and 9 yards, Chris Bausch scored 2 touchdowns 1 on a 91 yard kickoff return and 1 touchdown run of 2 yards. Wilson Christofferson 22 yard touchdown reception 52 yards rushing scored

Ross Johnson Head Football Coach: "It's hard to play a better high school football game like we did a lot of big plays on both sides of the ball there were some timely defensive plays that were outstanding, it's rough to come down to one play at the end where we tried to score on that 2 point conversio that we failed on but I'm so proud of the group."

The Warriors of Fallbrook finished their season with a 5-7 record while LaJolla Country Day School goes o 10-3 will take on the Grossmont Foothillers next Friday 11-25-23 at Southwestern College.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT