ADVERTISEMENT

Classical Academy and Granite Hills makes school history with First CIF San Diego Titles

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Escondido High School-Escondido, CA-Saturday, November 26, 2022: The Crawford Colts attempted to win their first San Diego Section CIF Football title since 1961 again this season as they led 7-0 at halftime on Hamidi Sharif's (39 yards rushing) scored the first touchdown of 4 yards

The second half was all Classical Academy Caimans at 9-3 as they scored 19 points in the 3rd and 14 in the fourth quarters as they defeated the Colts of Crawford for their first Division V CIF San Diego Section Football in school history. Crawford's record is 2-4 in CIF Final Games.

Life Pollard running back for Classical Academy Caimans: I give credit to my teammates as they told me to keep my head, I performed well on opening up the game." "The first touchdown I scored from Luke Sega I was Crawford's defenders." "I told the coach to discipline me so I can be ready for the second half as our offense came improved with 3 touchdowns runs of 2, 37 and 57 yards." "My running backs coach told me to keep up my responsibilities as I give credit to the offensive line for doing their duties, but were not done yet when the CIF States will come

Josiah Cruz Head Football Coach of Classical Academy "These guys have shown improvement all year being down 7-0 does it sting a little bit yes it does but when we trailed I made adjustments for what we need to improve on in the second half we found a way to comeback with the victory Crawford has an amazing defense they have players lined all over the field they shut us out in the first half I can't say good things about their defense Life Pollard ran the ball well for us as the rest of the squad have executed well .

Classical Academy

QB Luke Sega threw for 61 yards passing 1 touchdown pass of 53 yards to Life Pollard (1 reception for 53 yards-rushed for 138 yards scored 3 touchdown runs on the ground of 2, 57 and 37 yards)

Crawford scored their second touchdown in the game as qb Gavin Nguyen threw for 214 yards found wide receiver Trevon Banks (86 yards receiving) for a 2 yarder.

The Colts finished their season as 11-2 and are 1-5 in CIF Section Finals. Classical Academy will take on Lancaster High School in a State Playoff playoff contest.

2 touchdowns runs by Max Turner paces Granite Hills Eagles to first CIF Title in School History

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Escondido High School-Escondido, CA-Saturday, November 26, 2022: The Ramona Bulldogs under 18th year head Coach Damon Baldwin took an early 12-6 lead on Jonny Cohen's 56 yard interception for a touchdown but it was a different story as it was all Eagles of Granite Hills as they scored 6 touchdowns as they defeated the Bulldogs by a 48-12 score to take the 2022 CIF San Diego Section Divisiion II. Their first in school history.

Kellan Cobbs Head Football Coach of Granite Hills: "Our defense settled in after the first quarter as our offense controlled the rhythm and played well in 3 phases of the game." "After trailing 12-6 we bounced back as we rotated with 2 quarterbacks, offensively we answered on key plays and battled through for the win." "Zack Darling. made key plays along with other backs that contributed for us tonight." "Now we have to wait and see who we are going to take on in the CIF States."

Granite Hills performers: QB Parlon Sanders 123 yards passing 57 yards rushing 38 yard td run. Zac Dowling 126 yards rushing 2 touchdown runs of 10 and 46 yards touchdown. Max Turner (30 yards rushing) 2 touchdown runs of 18 and 6 yards. Isaiah Jackson 113 yards 1 yard run, Joaquin Thomas 30 yard interception return Ramona: Dillon Day 43 yards rushing 3 yard run Jonny Cohen 56 interception return.

Ramona is 0-4 in title games. Granite is 1-2 in CIF State San Diego Section Title Finals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT