ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Sayin and Mason Walsh key 2-0 Carlsbad Lancers in win over Mater Dei

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David Willauer-Contributing Writer-Swede Krcmar Stadium-Carlsbad High School-Carlsbad, CA: In a National Televised game that was on ESPN 2 and after a 29-6 victory over Inglewood last week once again the Carlsbad Lancers proved themselves again as they improved their record to 2-0 as they defeated the Mater Dei Crusaders 0-2 by a 48-14 score.

Carlsbad:

Running Back Mason Walsh scored on 3 touchdown runs of 6, 1 and 11 yards each with 58 yards rushing. qb Julian Sayin 128 yards passing threw 2 touchdown passes 1 of 9 yards to Will Cianfrini and the other for 7 yards to Griffin Rosenbloom and scored 1 touchdown run of 3 yards. Rushed the ball for 63 yards. Colton Thomas contributed a touchdown on a 19 yard interception.

Thadd MacNeill Carlsbad Head Football Coach: "You know we tried to execute our game plan our kids did a real nice job on the field tonight it was a good mix with our running and passing a pretty good mix early was please how we performed." Jordan and Julian are good nose kids that take turns running the ball when we want to get closer to the goal line they want to score so they're super hungry I give Mater Dei a lot of credit and they have a lot of talent

Julian Sayin starting qb: It was awesome that we got off to a fast start to be on ESPN is the greatest thing for me so I can showcase my football skills we take it one game at a time our practice confidence reps give us confidence going into the game It feels awesome going to Alabama I met coach Saban and was impressed with the campus so I can't wait to get out there.

Mater Dei Isaiah Cook scored the Crusaders first touchdown as he ran for a 67 yarder and teammate Surhaz Buncam caught a 45 yard pass reception from qb Tim Short.

Carlsbad will travel to Escondido as they will take on the Eagles of San Pasqual on the road next Friday night. Kickoff is 7:00 pm. Lets all give our prayers to San Pasqual head football coach who suffered a heart attack.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT