ADVERTISEMENT

Who goes back to the days of the Old Dick Butkus site?

Fohian

Sep 5, 2001
Yes, the Dick Butkus site. That's where I started posting years ago. 20 years ago or so. There has been quite a few posters that were long and short timers. I believe these sites have lost a lot of their posters because of a few reasons, obnoxious posters or trolls, a lack of active moderators, the arrival of other social media and these sites are always screwing with what worked already.

People lose track and stop posting. Some have passed away. We used to have some great prep football conversations here and there's very few posters now compared to what we had. Too bad. It was fun while it lasted. That's why I rarely post anymore plus there's nothing much to write about my beloved Fohi. I was following Kaiser and San G in the playoffs but hardly anyone was commenting on them aside from BigMitch.

Yes, the Dick Butkus site. That's where I started posting years ago. 20 years ago or so. There has been quite a few posters that were long and short timers. I believe these sites have lost a lot of their posters because of a few reasons, obnoxious posters or trolls, a lack of active moderators, the arrival of other social media and these sites are always screwing with what worked already.

People lose track and stop posting. Some have passed away. We used to have some great prep football conversations here and there's very few posters now compared to what we had. Too bad. It was fun while it lasted. That's why I rarely post anymore plus there's nothing much to write about my beloved Fohi. I was following Kaiser and San G in the playoffs but hardly anyone was commenting on them aside from BigMitch.
IO

Remember you way back. I have been posting around 20 years also but do not remember Dick Butkus site. I first started with CC first season as Division 5 but soon changed to cchusky. Do not remember the earlier site names before SouthernCaliforniaPreps/Rival evolved (now gone) Not as much activity on the sites that are still active.

These sites arn't near as busy as before............but most of high school football is not as popular as before, at least attendence at games is not as good as it use to be.

I don't remember the butkus site, but I think at this point I'm the most senior poster outside of Fohian, husky, BnP, and Dave. I more or less know what happened to the Kaiser posters but most of the others I have no idea

This is the first board I found I think in like 2003 or 2004.
I preferred this board over the other due to all drama.This board never had that.
From 2005 to 2015 I attended every Rancho Cucamonga game, like 134 straight or something. Then my boys graduated. My youngest coached this past season at Chaffey as a student assistant. He played a year at La Verne, tore his knee up and decided to save money and attend Chaffey.
Love reading Brandons articles and reviews. Dave's content on basket ball is solid. Even met Brandon at Vista Murrieta vs RC game. I think that was the double OT where RC fell short by a yard.
In the last 3 years I think I've only attended 5 games.
Maybe next year I'll attend more. Lots of schools in my immediate area.

The Calhisports site was much better than the Butkus site.

IO

Remember you way back. I have been posting around 20 years also but do not remember Dick Butkus site. I first started with CC first season as Division 5 but soon changed to cchusky. Do not remember the earlier site names before SouthernCaliforniaPreps/Rival evolved (now gone) Not as much activity on the sites that are still active.
Studentsports and Calhisports

I remember posting first on the calhisports page. I think that's what it was. I remember Ikemob. The boards were changing quickly. A lot of new posters as new schools emerged but newer schools soon replaced them and their following died.
Example, I used to follow Bloomington when we had Don Markham. Love him or hate him he got the job done for us. When he retired after the 2007 season from Bloomington, we faced what other schools did after their old school coaches did. The revolving coaching door. Since then, the Bruins are on their fourth head coach.
With that in mind, as a teen do you want to go to a game where your team has a 90% chance at losing or a party?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT