ADVERTISEMENT

Kiah Reid's 3 touchdown passes paces El Camino in the 48th Rival Game of the Mayor Cup over Oceanside

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Herb Meyer Stadium-El Camino High School-Oceanside, CA: QB Kiah Reid known for his passing and scrambling abilities threw for 189 yards and 3 touchdown passes to brother Tate Reid (115 yards receiving) for 52 yards , 21 yards to Marquise Bell and Caleb Stewart for 11 yards as they defeated their rival Oceanside Pirates by a 39-6 score in the 48th meeting. Other El Camino players that contributed in the rushing department, Zee Eatmon scored on a 67 yard touchdown as he rushed for 95 yards and teammate Makavelli Malotumau scored on a 12 yard run.

Michael Hobbs El Camino Head Football Coach on his teams performance: "Our offense did well by executed off the ball as were focusing on where we have to prepare ourselves when we play rival Oceanside." I know this game gets more attention as we have prepared ourselves to play for the Mayor's Cup." "Kiah Reid my quarterback stepped up did what he needed to do as we had a good week of practice that is what we did today when we play football."

For the Pirates of Oceanside, qb Max Mullen threw a 19 yard pass to Tanner Haaland in the 4th quarter.

With the win El Camino improves to 5-5 as the Pirates lead the series 26-22 and will travel to San Diego to take on St. Augustine's in a CIF Division I Football Playoff First Round Game

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT