ADVERTISEMENT

Key touchdown runs by Elijah Davis, Abe Lopez and Demond Taua paces Vista to win

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Rancho Buena Vista High School-Vista, CA: In a rival contest to battle for the City Cup for Vista, the Panthers of Vista High at 1-2 under new head coach David Bottom known his Wing T offense a formation that the Blue Hens of the University of Delaware used worked in today's game after 2 point safeties in 1st and 4th quarters, the Vista Panthers scored on touchdown runs of 24 yards by Elijah Davis (8 carries for 137 yards), Abraham Lopez (3 carries for 31 yards) 1 td for 12 yards and 1 of 66 yards by Desmond Taua (10 carries for 112 yards) as they defeated Vista School District rival the Longhorns from Rancho Buena Vista by a 25-14. Nick Stornio contributed with 11 carries for 91 yards.

"These kids don't back down and never quit they play hard that everyone understands that after our three games, our freshman team has scored a total of 187 in three games and are 3-0 our JV is 2-1. said Vista Head Coach David Bottom. "When I made my debut vs.San Marcos, the Knights have a great senior squad on our side we are starting 5 sophomores and 2 freshman right now and were playing everybody." "Three of my tailbacks Desmond Taua, Nicholas Stormo and tailback Elijah Davis played well." said Coach Bottom

"Our kids are in the right spot and have improved every game. "We rely on Abraham Lopez and Desmond Taua as 2 of our main backs but one of the things that we are building in the game is the offense we have five or six rb's we need to force them in our coach made adjustments in the game in which is back and fourth. said coach Bottom

For the Longhorns at 1-2,QB Ace Roach 8 completions out of 32 attempts for 168 yards and threw 2 touchdown passes of 1 of 68 yds to Trent Boyer along with 1 for 25 yards to Antonio Bowman.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT