ADVERTISEMENT

Ken Spring's 2 touchdown passes to Andre Webb pace Fallbrook Warriors 20-0 (Updated)

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Warriors Stadium-Fallbrook High School-Fallbrook, CA: After a 19 game losing streak for the last 2 season's while going through coaching changes along with 3 straight losing season's. In 2019 as 2nd year head football coach, after an 0-10 start, Troy Everhart has slowly built the Warriors program after the cancellation of the 2020 season due to COVID 19, the CIF decided to play football in the spring of 2021 but showed much improvement.

In their last game vs. Rancho Buena Vista, Fallbrook displayed a lot on the field with their offense and defense as qb Ken Spring (8 completions out of 12 attempts for 172 yards) threw 2 touchdown passes of 27 and 17 yards to Marquis Washington (Rushing 11 carries for 32 yards Receptions 6 for 98 yards) along with an Andre Webb (4 carries for 48 yards) 5 yard touchdown run as they defeated the Longhorns by a 20-0 score as they conclude their season at 3-3, first winning season since 2015

Troy Everhart Head Football Coach: "I wasn't pleased the way we came out offensively but our defense did an outstanding job of holding RBV the whole time, in the second half our offensive line picked it up a bit which got our running game moving the football." "I felt that our first touchdown was a judgement call I didn't see if Marcus Washington got in."

"On the 2 pass plays from QB Ken Spring to Marcus Washington we used the throwback play that was design to go to our tight end RBV's defense read the play an did a nice job at shutting our offense down so I decided to adjust the route which worked well." "Senior Andre Webb scored our 3rd touchdown has been with our program for 4 years his drive was key for us." said Coach Everhart

" In the middle of the 2019, I accepted the job 10 days before the season started as camp opened in July, I wanted to get to know the Fallbrook community and to build relationships, "In 2020, after quarantine we'll develop a team spirit along with an attitude but I'll take 3 wins. said Coach Everhart.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT