ADVERTISEMENT

CC vs DLS

2gaper

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2007
Hi Dave,

Been working everyday and I am blessed to have this Saturday off. With all respect to DLS they are the reining champions. I feel that Centennial is way more prepared for DLS than DLS is prepared for Centennial.
The game can go either way but, I feel Centennial was able to replicate the DLS offense better in practice. The Noseguard will not be 3 yards off the ball this year.

Great to hear from you, Brian. It's 7-7 at halftime as I type this. Looks like anybody's ball game. JJ looks like he can break one at any time.

That was an epic contest. I didn't see the first half, but made sure I was home to see the second.
CC had its opportunities guys and left points on the field. 3 points is better than turning the ball over on downs.
I was actually impressed with both teams defenses, never expected the score to be 28-21. I thought it would be much higher.

Great half time adjustment by DLS, what say you Goad, will Logan ever figure out DLS?

I thought CC defense was on point all night. They lined up wrong 3 times and it cost them. If we were in vegas and you said CC defense would hold DeLaSalle to 28 points. I would have bet the farm on CC. Congratulations to DeLaSalle and the discipline they represent. I love the traditional offense they run and win with.CC had a little gap 40 to them.

Good points, I saw the one time when DLS ran the trip opt to their right, but all the CC's lbs were on the left, walk in TD by DLS Qb. DLS caught CC flipping LBs a few times, never been a fan of that scheme, but match ups are match ups. DLS just seemed more physical, would love to watch the RB drills. Commentators made a reference to the OL hitting the sled everyday, I wonder how much the RBs hit it...those legs never stop!

Reactions: simidave
Good points, I saw the one time when DLS ran the trip opt to their right, but all the CC's lbs were on the left, walk in TD by DLS Qb. DLS caught CC flipping LBs a few times, never been a fan of that scheme, but match ups are match ups. DLS just seemed more physical, would love to watch the RB drills. Commentators made a reference to the OL hitting the sled everyday, I wonder how much the RBs hit it...those legs never stop!

You are spot on DeLaSalles overall strength & speed won out on CC's speed. I figured you would have caught it when CC lined up wrong. Hell that is my biggest struggle when I coach is to get the kids lined up correctly. I know Coach Kruger is helping out @ Centennial and he is all about the weight room for the O-Line. May be a Different CC O-line come next year. I thought this years O-Line coach did an exceptional job with the players he had. I wonder what DeLaSalles workouts are like due to the fact they have so many 2 way players. They do not seem to get tired. It was a great game and could have gone either way.

Reactions: simidave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT