ADVERTISEMENT

Some Early Season Quick Thoughts On Norco, Beaumont, and Rancho Verde

King Marques I

Nov 18, 2002
Say it ain’t so, Norco…We knew it was going to be tough sledding for the Cougars this season…Did we know it would fall this low?..Outside of a date with Santiago on Sept. 8, I don’t see a game on the schedule in which they can be competitive…I can’t imagine what it’s like in that Coach’s office.

I’m keeping my eyes on Beaumont…They stomped San Jacinto and destroyed North…That’s a nice start…these Cougars won’t be challenged until league play where they open with back to back games vs. Yucaipa and Citrus Valley while closing with Cajon…So, we will know.

Coach Zomalt and season Two at Rancho Verde…Though I haven’t seen them play yet, reports I’m hearing are all positive…Schedule is a little soft and so is the Ivy League this season…Circle that week 10 game vs. Orange Vista on the calendar…Two good teams will slug it out that night.

Those are my quick thoughts. I welcome yours.

Say it ain’t so, Norco…We knew it was going to be tough sledding for the Cougars this season…Did we know it would fall this low?..Outside of a date with Santiago on Sept. 8, I don’t see a game on the schedule in which they can be competitive…I can’t imagine what it’s like in that Coach’s office.

I’m keeping my eyes on Beaumont…They stomped San Jacinto and destroyed North…That’s a nice start…these Cougars won’t be challenged until league play where they open with back to back games vs. Yucaipa and Citrus Valley while closing with Cajon…So, we will know.

Coach Zomalt and season Two at Rancho Verde…Though I haven’t seen them play yet, reports I’m hearing are all positive…Schedule is a little soft and so is the Ivy League this season…Circle that week 10 game vs. Orange Vista on the calendar…Two good teams will slug it out that night.

Those are my quick thoughts. I welcome yours.
Have you seen Orange Vista play, KingM? Sire Gaines plays LB/RB and is an Arizona State commit; he must be a big part of that team.

Have you seen Orange Vista play, KingM? Sire Gaines plays LB/RB and is an Arizona State commit; he must be a big part of that team.
What a football player he is!!!

I've seen him play several times over the course of his HS career. He is a force on both sides of the ball, and perhaps, the finest safety in the IE. His leadership skills are excellent as well.

After two games, he leads the team offensively in several categories including TDs scored. He is a force on their defense. Opposing offenses better know where he is.

Arizona State is getting a very good athlete.

What is going on at Norco ?
I see that Chastain's at Roosey ?
They have Rancho this week. That series has been very competitive.

What a football player he is!!!

I've seen him play several times over the course of his HS career. He is a force on both sides of the ball, and perhaps, the finest safety in the IE. His leadership skills are excellent as well.

After two games, he leads the team offensively in several categories including TDs scored. He is a force on their defense. Opposing offenses better know where he is.

Arizona State is getting a very good athlete.
I think ASU is planning on using him at LB.

What is going on at Norco ?
I see that Chastain's at Roosey ?
They have Rancho this week. That series has been very competitive.
I don't pretend to KNOW the situation. What I heard is Coach Chastain and the Norco admin could not reach agreement on staffing which led to some sort of ultimatum. Ultimately, Coach Chastain took his staff to Roosevelt.

This has led Norco football to where it is now. Coach Barlage is trying to put the pieces back together; looks like it might take some time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT