ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff predictions for each Division

I am pretty much a calpreps.com ratings guy and the Northview Vikings have a ratings advantage over the other teams in Division 7, so I have to pick them to win, however I believe Culver City, San Jacinto, Citrus Valley and Warren all have the capability to steal the show. I don't think the rest of the teams will be able to keep up with these 5, give or take an upset or two.

I think Kaiser could make a strong showing in the D8 playoffs this year, potential first round opponents that could be troublesome to me are Temecula Valley and Lakewood. I think as a whole the toughest opponents will be Katella and San Dimas, however I think Katella's SOS will be their undoing.

bigmitchdogg, by calpreps.com ratings, the Division 7 Notre Dame Titans got a tough first round draw as they are hosting Kurt Bruich's Citrus Valley Blackhawks(7-3). CV was ranked 9th in the last CIF poll for D-7 with Notre Dame 7th, however, the latest calpreps.com rating has CV ranked as the number 2 team in Division 7 with Notre Dame #8. Calpreps.com projects the Blackhawks as 13 point favorites over the Titans. CV ended up where they did in the playoff bracket partially because they finished 3rd in the tough Citrus Belt League.

Notre Dame absolutely got a tough draw, I thought Citrus Valley was one of those teams that kind of flew under the radar. I thought with a better draw Notre Dame maybe could've made a run but with this draw I think they're one and done

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT