ADVERTISEMENT

div 1 playoff problem

div5prep

Nov 18, 2003
First place teams are always guaranteed a first round playoff home game. In div 1 there are nine first place teams, which means someone has to play a road game in the first round, doensnt seem right for some team.

Yes and I'm guessing itlli more than likely be Rancho Cucamonga. It would be either them or Valencia, IMO but Valencia has a better W-L record despite RC having the better SOS

one of those two will probably get a home game against Mater Dei............the other could be on the road

I think either way they're both screwed, but I think one might draw JSerra at home and the other might have to go to Mission Viejo. I think Mater Dei will end up going to LBP

True, but there's not many options for 3rd place teams. In D1 there's only 6 options for 3rd place or worse teams and 2 of them will get held out altogether (likely Santa Margarita and Servite being 5th and 6th place teams)

Last edited:
Actually there will only be 3 third or 4th place teams, everyone else will be 1st or 2nd place teams

How do you figure, there's 9 first place teams and 3 second place teams, that leaves 4 spots left to go to teams 3rd or worse

Here are the brackets for this division:

Serra at St. John Bosco
Murrieta Valley at San Clemente
JSerra at Long Beach Poly
Chaminade at Oaks Christian

Mater Dei at Valencia
Mission Viejo at Bishop Amat
Rancho Cucamonga at Vista Murrieta
Orange Lutheran at Corona Centennial

I love the match-up of Rancho Cuc at Vista Murrieta for both schools. I saw Vista last week vs. Murrieta Valley. Their QB is a hard nosed football player that willed his team to victory. They will be a tough opponent.

I saw Rancho Cuc early in the season before they were a complete team. I would have never guessed, when I saw them, that they would defeat Upland and win the Baseline League title. They are on a roll.

This one could be a classic.

Reactions: 2i Tech
Agreed Marques , Ranch Cucamonga is always tough as is Corona Centennial, Citrus Hill, Vista Murrietta.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT