ADVERTISEMENT

West Valley Division Rankings Week 4

doctrk

Sep 14, 2004
1. (1) Mission Viejo (5-0) Mission beat Norco pretty good, winning 37-13 to improve to 5-0. This week MV heads off to Redondo to face the 4-0 Seas Hawks.

2. (2) Vista Murrieta (3-0) VM crushed winless Lakewood 43-7 to stay undefeated. This poses a much better challenge. Next: O LU (2-2)

3. (4) Tesoro (3-1) After last weeks thrilling last second victory over Upland the titans didn't waste much time getting going this week, blowing out West Covina 35-0. Good Thursday night special this week as Tesoro face CDM (3-1)

4. (5) San Juan Hills (4-0) Three of the top 4 from the SCL. SJH cruised past lowly Sunset league Marina, winning 51-6. This weeks sunset opponent wont be as easy. This week we'll see if SJH deserves a #5 rankingNext: Los Al (2-1)

5. (3) Los Al (2-1) Los Al lost to La Habra on a last second hail mary, 37-32. Tough loss for LA as it faces #5 SJH on the road.

6. (7) Rancho Cucamonga (3-1) On the road and down 14-0 RC battled back and defeated Murrieta Valley 34-28. Next: La Serna (3-1)

7. (9) Hart (3-0) Hart blew out Muir 47-12. Lets see what the Indians have this week. Next: Bonnies (3-1)

8. (6) Upland (2-2) Upland was able to hang with mater dei for a half, then MD pulled away in the second half beating U Hi 43-14. After a tough 2 weeks Upland gets a breather this week as it faces LA Washington (2-2)

9. (8) Edison (2-2) Edison drops a spot to #9 after being defeated by Servite 21-14. It doesn't get any easier this week fo rthe Chargers as they get rival Mater Dei (4-0) on the road.

10. (10) Murrieta Valley (3-1) If not fumbling the ball on an interception return MV would be 4-0. Tough loss to RC for the Nighthawks. Next: Moorpark

others:
Chino Hills (2-2) lost big to Amat. Next: Downey (2-2)
Temecula Valley (3-0) Next: Paloma Valley (2-2)
Etiwanda won 2 straight but has Heritage this week
El Toro also won two straight, has defeated CDM. Next: Trabuco Hills

Reactions: simidave
Doc - this is one year where you and the coaches on the CIF voting panel are thinking along the same lines. Your West Valley polls are pretty close. Thanks for doing a great job each week - your comments really add a lot!
It looks like there will be some good matchups at the top this week. How about for RC - will La Serna be a tough game?

dave,

you now me I try to stay objective when I rank teams.

there are some interesting / good matchups this week in the west valley.

RC / La Serna - I think RC thought they would roll la serna last and ended up getting beat. doubt they take la serna lightly this year. la sernas offense poses problems for rancho in that rc doesn't see the double wing that la serna runs. it gave the defense fits last year and last years front 7 was better than this years. so we shall see. its homecoming for RC as well. distraction ? im thinking its going to be a good close game.

chino hills - downey - ch got rocked by amat last week and downeys not a bad team either.

Etiwanda - heritage - at least e hi is at home. heritage is 4-0 but hasn't really played anyone. I think heritage wins though.

Hart - St bones - this should be a real indication of where hart's at. Bonnies gonna be a tough one. and its on the road.

Tesoro - CDM - Tesoro had better not take cdm lightly, if so they get beat.

San jaun hills - los al - this is the most intriguing matchup of the week imo. is SJH for real.? if they beat los al, I think they are.

Murrieta valley - Moorpark - will MV have a let down after a tough loss to RC? are they resilient enough to beat a tough musketeer team who are 3-1 and won a tough 3 ot game over Huntington beach? that's a long way to travel for MP

Vista Murrieta - O Lu - this should be a great game and its in the OC. VM has had a soft schedule while OLu has played CC and de la sale, both losses.

Great oaks - corona - corona is 4-0 and has played a cupcake schedule. is this the game GO gets it going again or are they just not that good this year?

Edison - mater dei - Edison lost by 7 to servite while mater dei blew out upland. Edison lost to Tesoro mater dei blew out Tesoro. good rivalry game, Edison should be up for this one, but no way is it enough

los al - san juan hills - see above. again I'm really intrigued with this one

Also, thanks for the kind words. I enjoy the site and the posters here. also love reading the articles.

Reactions: simidave
That Vista OLU game should be pretty good. The De La coaches were impressed by them this weekend despite the score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT