ADVERTISEMENT

West Valley Division Rankings Week 4

doctrk

Sep 14, 2004
for the first time this year nobody dropped out of the Top 10, however, changes were made.
no hangover for Tesoro after its huge road win the previous week. Upland, although losing to Mater Dei came to play. Vista Murrieta got its offense on track this week. Edison hung for a half, then were hung by Servite. Mission Viejo had a big road win over Norco. what's going on over at Chappy? Another shut out loss, this time at the hands of Carter.

1. (1) Tesoro (3-1) Beat West Covina 38-7 for its third straight win. Could Tesoro be the underdog at home this week over a Top 10 southern Section Corona Del Mar (4-0) ?

2. (2) Los(t) Al (3-0) The Griffins routed lowly Canyon (Anaheim) 46-0. This week should be another easy win for Los(t) Al. Next: San Juan Hills (2-2)

3. (4) Chino Hills (3-1) Chino Hills put a beat down on Amat, winning 45-28 ! The Huskies look a contender for the Baseline league title. Next: 10/3 Victor Valley

4. (6) Vista Murrieta (2-1) After two subpar performances on the road, VM, enjoyed some home cooking and beat Lakewood 42-18. VM better bring that A Game this week. Next: Orange Lutheran (3-1)

5. (7) Mission Viejo (2-2) According to Bob Johnson, Mission Viejo is back. MV throttled Norco on the road winning 49-21. The diablos should continue its winning ways this week. Next: Redondo (1-3)

6. (5) Upland (2-2) Upland seemed ready to play this week as it held Mater Dei in check for most of the first half. Special teams miscues let MD stay in the game as it untimely beat Upland 28-14. Another big test this week for the Scotts as they travel to Ventura to take on Bonnies (2-2)

7. (8) Valencia (3-1) As expected Valencia had little trouble with Highland (Palmdale) winning 49-12. The Vikes should win this week too. Next: Santa Monica (1-2)

8. (3) Edison (3-1) Edison lost to OC rival Servite 42-21 for its first loss of the season. Doesn't get any easier for the Chargers. Next: Mater Dei (3-0)

9. (9) Rancho Cucamonga 93-10 Keeping its place at #9, Rancho Cucamonga rolled to a 33-19 over Murrieta Valley. At one point RC led 33-12 until a late score by MV on RC's second team defense. In a game that's been circled on our ppresean calendar, Rancho travels to Whittier to play a very dangerous team in La Serna (3-1) Rancho better not look past the Lancers.

10. (10) Hart (2-2) Hart went into Pasadena and came out with an easy 40-7 win over Muir. Think the Indians play 4 quarters of football this week? we do. Next: Santiago (Corona) (3-1)

others:

El Toro - Blasted Norwalk 44-6 next: Trabuco Hills
Etiwanda (1-1-1) had a bye Next: Heritage 4-0 upset alert
Fountain Valley (3-1) Beat Banning Next: Interesting match up with Westminster (2-1)

Hey doc - you've got the same in the top ten in your rankings as in the CIF-SS poll, but in a different order after #1 Tesoro. The biggest difference is Los Al who you like a lot better than the CIF coaches.

1. Tesoro (South Coast) 3-1 W West Covina 38-7
2. Vista Murrieta (Southwestern) 2-1 W Lakewood 42-18
3. Upland (Baseline) 2-2 L Mater Dei 14-28
4. Valencia/Valencia (Foothill) 2-1 W Highland 49-12
5. Mission Viejo (South Coast) 2-2 W Norco 49-21
6. Chino Hills (Baseline) 3-1 W Bishop Amat 45-28
7. Rancho Cucamonga (Baseline) 3-1 W Murrieta Valley 33-19
8. Hart (Foothill) 2-2 W Muir 40-7
9. Los Alamitos (Sunset) 3-0 W Canyon/Anaheim 46-0
10. Edison (Sunset) 3-1 L Servite 21-42
Others: None

Dave,

I saw that.

As you know or I hope you remember my rankings philosophy.

If you win you move up or stay the same. If you lose you drop.
I've truly tried to stay consistent with that philosophy over the years.

I have Los Al at #2 because as they've won, while those above them have lost.

This has been a tough division to rank so far. One of the toughest ever for me anyway.

So basically teams with cupcake schedules move to the top?

Not a very good system.

Los Al will be done before Thanksgiving.

Tesoro, Mater Dei and St. Bonaventure are cupcakes?

Los Al, Edison, and FV have played some of the weakest schedules in the division.
How about Temecula Valley?
They are 3-0.

CC is 2-2.
Where are they in most State and National rankings?
Funny how Upland moved UP in the LA Times rankings and the Calpreps power ranking after the Loss to MD.

Touched a nerve
Take the time to rank them yourself
Nothings perfect
Relax man you take this waaaay to serious

My ranking certainly would not include Los Al in the top 8, much less the top 2.

Come on rock, u have to admitt, that while Uhi schd this yr is tuff, previous years have been stacked w lesser opponents...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT