INTERSECTIONAL
Beckman 36, Las Vegas (Nev.) Eldorado 6
Highland (Utah) Lone Peak 41, Narbonne 21
Honolulu (Hawaii) Punahou 45, Long Beach Poly 0
Montvale (N.J.) St. Joseph Regional 24, JSerra 13
Sherman Oaks Notre Dame 37, Phoenix (Ariz.) Desert Vista 35
St. Genevieve 51, Arleta 0

Two results that stand out:

1. Narbonne lost to Long Peak. The score stands out.

2. Punahou is a national power but 45-0 to Long Beach Poly is crazy. Poly's demise has been talked about but results like that further show they are no where near a national level.

Reactions: Cougee-D
Went to the Etiwanda / Mesa game.
E Hi came back in the 4th won it in OT.
Etiwanda has a couple of guys, WR's who look good.
They looked small to me. As always fast, but not big.
Nothing really stood out. But they are 2-0.
I'm going to check out RC / Norco this week at Norco.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
Two results that stand out:

1. Narbonne lost to Long Peak. The score stands out.

2. Punahou is a national power but 45-0 to Long Beach Poly is crazy. Poly's demise has been talked about but results like that further show they are no where near a national level.

No kidding, what's going on over at Poly? Demographics change that quick over there ?

No kidding, what's going on over at Poly? Demographics change that quick over there ?

It seemed to me that Poly's decline coincided with the emergence of Bosco under Jason Negro and Raul Lara's departure following the 2013 season. I think many players that might have otherwise attended Poly are choosing Bosco instead. Throw in Serra and even Narbonne (before the current situation) and that's three attractive programs in the South Bay for players living in or around Long Beach to choose from.

It seemed to me that Poly's decline coincided with the emergence of Bosco under Jason Negro and Raul Lara's departure following the 2013 season. I think many players that might have otherwise attended Poly are choosing Bosco instead. Throw in Serra and even Narbonne (before the current situation) and that's three attractive programs in the South Bay for players living in or around Long Beach to choose from.

That makes perfect sense.

That is a good point PDT. Poly's last CIF title is 2012 and since their semifinal loses in 2013 and 2014 they have three or more loses in each of the past four seasons.

Those three programs along with even Mater Dei for guys have really decimated their talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT