ADVERTISEMENT

Rancho Cucamonga 30 Edison 17

Nice to "see" you too Doc. I've been reading but not posting. These boards have become a parody of themselves. Same ol stuff, too many Al Bundy's living vicariously through kids. So many great posters gone. Still enjoy reading yours and Big Mitch.

Nice to "see" you too Doc. I've been reading but not posting. These boards have become a parody of themselves. Same ol stuff, too many Al Bundy's living vicariously through kids. So many great posters gone. Still enjoy reading yours and Big Mitch.

I moved to Utah but still follow Palm Springs and go to a few games each year. This board used to be the best thing going for SoCal HS football, but I only recognize a few posters these days.

Yeah, some of the oldies I haven't heard from in a long time for reasons unknown to me for the most part (except 1). Names like Lock N Load, Desert Son, High Desert Rat, BlueHawgs Coach, and JWNMaestro.

Reactions: doctrk
its defiantly not like it used to be.
this board hasn't been invaded yet by the above mentioned crowd.
this is the place id rather be this is where I started lol
I originally signed up to follow the recruiting process of players from inland empire and orange county.
I never had any intention of posting.
I got hooked by reading the posts of the old timers mentioned above and their insight and insider information - good stuff.
my youngest son got a break to be ball boy for rancho in second grade (2005) - he did it through 8th grade - and we've been following ever since, now he's a senior.
ive been to every rancho game since 2005 - 132 straight.
sadly the streak will end next year.

Reactions: simidave
That Tesoro game this week should be pretty good Doc, Devon Modster is committed to Arizona and has been putting up big time numbers for their offense at QB.

its defiantly not like it used to be.
this board hasn't been invaded yet by the above mentioned crowd.
this is the place id rather be this is where I started lol
I originally signed up to follow the recruiting process of players from inland empire and orange county.
I never had any intention of posting.
I got hooked by reading the posts of the old timers mentioned above and their insight and insider information - good stuff.
my youngest son got a break to be ball boy for rancho in second grade (2005) - he did it through 8th grade - and we've been following ever since, now he's a senior.
ive been to every rancho game since 2005 - 132 straight.
sadly the streak will end next year.

Doc don't stop coming to the games once your son graduates. I'm one of the old Sue coaches who always felt that it was great to have fans and parents of current players but to have fans a cam just to enjoy the game. You sound like one of those guys hope to still see out at the games

I still go to Fohi games terrible as they are. This season was a success by the standard they have set for around 15 years now. They had a very athletic QB in Prince Ikenador who was basically their only threat. Not any kind of threat throwing downfield but he was very fast keeping the ball. He was very strong with great moves. They wasted him for the first few games as a receiver as I recall and a bit at RB. He ran up some numbers rushing. If they used him earlier they could have had a couple more wins in the preseason. Their defense as usual was horrible especially against a decent passer. I'll be following REV in the playoffs. I'm heading to Rancho Verde on Friday night, maybe even getting some fishing in at Lake Perris before the game. Two of my favorite pastimes. Yeah!

Doc, I started on the old Dick Butkus prep message boards. That evolved into one of these which I can't remember. I miss the old posters like IkeMobb, Terrierfan, LA Dog, Luca, Nubster and of course the legendary OCStatman, who loved to fish too.

I remember when NuB passed. Luca pops in on the rare occasion. I don't think Bling ran him off. I think Luca wouldn't let a guy like that do that. I think he was tired of the same ol non football childish carrying-on on the other board. He's on the OC Connect board.

I still go to Fohi games terrible as they are. This season was a success by the standard they have set for around 15 years now. They had a very athletic QB in Prince Ikenador who was basically their only threat. Not any kind of threat throwing downfield but he was very fast keeping the ball. He was very strong with great moves. They wasted him for the first few games as a receiver as I recall and a bit at RB. He ran up some numbers rushing. If they used him earlier they could have had a couple more wins in the preseason. Their defense as usual was horrible especially against a decent passer. I'll be following REV in the playoffs. I'm heading to Rancho Verde on Friday night, maybe even getting some fishing in at Lake Perris before the game. Two of my favorite pastimes. Yeah!
I follow the Fontana teams also. What do you think Fontana is missing?

i dont intend to not go to games. just wont go to games as much.
rancho has a new stadium that will be open next year, so I can walk across the street to go see them.
im likely not going out of my way to see them play, example would be a far away road game.
my plan is to hook up with old friends or go to games of the guys I grew up with who are still coaching. I have quite a few friends still coaching in orange county.

I follow the Fontana teams also. What do you think Fontana is missing?
Well... in a word... ATHLETES. The coach is just okay. Better than some of the hires I've seen over the last 15. He's in over his head. It seems it en vogue to think offense is the name of the game. I'm old school. I don't see too many high schools focusing on defense. My dream come true is to have Vinny Fazio and his dad come back to Fohi. If he couldn't turn it around, no one could. I hear the administration is still a pain in the ass to work with too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT