ADVERTISEMENT

Mater Dei Finishes #1 by USA Today and #2 by MaxPreps in the Country

bjbrandon

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
The national rankings to end the football season are now out. Monarchs officially finished #1 in the country by USA Today and #2 in by MaxPreps.

Their main competitor and the team that overtook them in the MaxPreps rankings was North Shore of Houston. The Mustangs on Saturday completed a 45 yard hail mary to win 41-36 in the Texas 6A State Championship Game, the top division in that state.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
The national rankings to end the football season are now out. Monarchs officially finished #1 in the country by USA Today and #2 in by MaxPreps.

Their main competitor and the team that overtook them in the MaxPreps rankings was North Shore of Houston. The Mustangs on Saturday completed a 45 yard hail mary to win 41-36 in the Texas 6A State Championship Game, the top division in that state.

Here's a video clip of the Hail Mary. The QB almost went over the line of scrimmage before the heave:

I recorded and watched the North Shore game. Would like to see them against one of CA's top 4 teams.

They are loaded and can definitely compete with the elite top four from the state(MD,SJB, CC, DLS).10+ Division 1 scholarship guys from a public school. I saw them a few weeks ago and they are the best team in Houston by a mile. I know they want to play to Mater Dei next season but the Monarchs would have to travel to Texas so will see what happens.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
They are loaded and can definitely compete with the elite top four from the state(MD,SJB, CC, DLS).10+ Division 1 scholarship guys from a public school. I saw them a few weeks ago and they are the best team in Houston by a mile. I know they want to play to Mater Dei next season but the Monarchs would have to travel to Texas so will see what happens.

I agree with the loaded. That is why I would like to see them play one of CAs best. I doubt you will see MD travel out of state, they do not like to travel out of Santa Ana, and I do not remember seeing many if any top Texas teams do it either. They can build multi million $ stadiums though. I do remember some all-star games CA and Texas a few years back.

I don't think Texas teams are allowed to travel out of state, fyi
MD travels but usually to just adjoining states when they do.
They want all their fans to be able to see them locally...plus I'm
guessing they make a boo-ko program profit by staying locally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT