ADVERTISEMENT

Long run and interception key San Pasqual to a 14-6 win over the Fallbrook Warriors

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Eagles Stadium-San Pasqual High School-Escondido, CA-10-21-22: The San Pasqual Eagles continue their 3 game winning streak as they improve to 6-3 overall and 3-1 in the Valley League as they defeated the 6-3 Fallbrook Warriors by a 14-6 score and had their 2 game winning streak ended.

The Eagles scored their first touchdown as tailback Noah Snyder rushed for 135 yards and scored on a 75 yard run with the 2 pointer good for an 8-0 lead. Fallbrook came back to within 8-6 as Jackson Christopherson 48 yards rushed scored on a 2 yard run with the 2 point PAT failed.

With 7:24 left in the game Fallbrook qb Evan Thomas threw for 91 yards looked for a receiver but threw a Pick 6 to Manny Adieza as he ran down the sidelines for a 78 yard to make the final score 14-6 in favor of the Eagles. Jackson Christopherson 48 yards rushing,

Manny Adieza on his interception for San Pasqual: "Before the interception I was looking for wide receiver Caleb Collings of Fallbrook, I played deep on him as I went for the ball, opened my arms over on the receiver for my Pick 6 as I contributed for my team."

Fallbrook Warriors performers: Alan Leon rushed for 72 yards

Tony Corley San Pasqual Head Football Coach: "Our defense did well tonight Fallbrook's offense is good as they are a big physical team that wear you down a lot I'm proud of our kids to keep their composure gives us a lot of credit." "We hoped that it right before the half and tried to hold them so they can kick a field goal Jackson Christopherson for Fallbrook snuck in a play for the long drive we regrouped at intermission to talk about how to stop the long play drives." "The key to today's game was to play team defense as they have played well the last few weeks as people are starting to trust each other making the key tackles in the right spots. I was watching the quarterback scrambled was rolling out to his right side as he threw it I saw Manny Adieza right there for the pick 6 has played well for us all season for 3 huge weeks

These 2 schools are tied for First Place for the Valley League Pennant. Next week the Eagles of San Pasqual will be at Escondido High in a rivalry contest while the Fallbrook Warriors will host the Longhorns of Rancho Buena Vista on 10-29-22 both kickoff games are 7 PM.

In the series San Pasqual leads the series 13-9-1 and ride a 6 game win streak over the Warriors. Fallbrook's last victory over San Pasqual was in 2016 as they won 20-16.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT