Division 4-AA: Kentfield Marin Catholic 33, Visalia Central Valley Christian 14

Division 4-A: San Francisco Sacred Heart Cathedral 48, Northview 29

Division 5-AA: Novato San Marin 20, Bakersfield Independence 14

Division 5-A: Atherton Sacred Heart Prep 16, Santa Maria Righetti 0

Division 6-AA: Jackson Argonaut 47, Quartz Hill 14

Division 6-A: Richmond Salesian 42, Arlington 21

Division 7-AA: McArthur Fall River 43, Morro Bay 13

Division 7-A: San Francisco Balboa 43, Taft 0

Mater Dei with the blowout win to complete a mythical national championship, Maxpreps’s #1 ranked team from start to finish. The same night MD Alum Bryce Young wins a Heisman Trophy.

Now all eyes focus on if that was Bruce Rollinson’s final game at coach amidst the scandal.

Mater Dei with the blowout win to complete a mythical national championship, Maxpreps’s #1 ranked team from start to finish. The same night MD Alum Bryce Young wins a Heisman Trophy.

Now all eyes focus on if that was Bruce Rollinson’s final game at coach amidst the scandal.
I tuned in during the the second quarter and it was already 21-0. I was surprised at the halftime show when they had a long segment on the hazing scandal, interviewing two LA Times' writers. One said Rollinson and the principal should be fired. Dan Albano of the Orange County Register tweeted:

"A truly bizarre, telling scene about where Mater Dei’s high football program is … Monarchs win a state and nat’l title, hoist coach Bruce Rollinson on their shoulders, and he declines to talk to the media and players are told by a school official not to answer certain questions."

That halftime show is news to me, I saw a bunch of highlights. They clearly addressed the massive elephant in the room on TV.

It makes sense to tell teenagers to no comment a legal matter.

Per the LA Times:

Division 4-A: San Francisco Sacred Heart Cathedral 48, Northview 29
In 128 years and 107 seasons of football, it took Sacred Heart Cathedral until 2008 to win an outright football championship, then until 2021 to win a CCS, NorCal and State titles. I never thought I'd see that day.

It was also nice to see Serra get humbled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT