ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Cheatham 2 touchdown passes paces Lincoln High SD to a 28-24 win over Carlsbad

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Snapdragon Stadium-San Diego, CA-Friday, November 18, 2022: In 2021 for the San Diego Section Division I title that was held at Escondido High School the Hornets of Lincoln fell short of their goal as they were defeated by the Highlanders of Helix Highlanders by a 28-21 score.

This year was a different story as the Hornets came back from a 24-13 deficit as starting quarterback KJ Cheatham threw for 176 yards along with 3 touchdown passes of 29 yards to Josiah Cox, 80 yards to Malik Gray (90 yards receiving) and the game winner of 65 yards to Corey Thompson MIller (99 yards receiving) as they defeated the Lancers of Carlsbad by a 28-24 score in the first high school game that was played at Snapdragon Stadium.

Other Lincoln players who contributed: Georgia bound Roderick Robinson 128 yards rushing scored 1 touchdown run of 2 yards

Carlsbad players: Mason Walsh led the Lancers with 129 yards rushing along with 2 touchdown runs of 73 yards to put Carlsbad up 7-0 and a 6 yarder. Justin johnson ran an interception return for 57 yards, Tyler Praham connected on a 31 yard field goal.

Corey Thompson Miller: " Coach Carter tells me there is going to be adversity in every game that we prepare for so I have responsibilities that I did as we came back from the big deficit of 24-13 to the game winning touchdown the play was set for me as II needed catch the ball for the go ahead touchdown as I also give credit to my offensive line."

Since 2011 under the guidance of Lincoln head coach David Dunn, he won his 3rd San Diego Section CIF football title overall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT