ADVERTISEMENT

AB Miller open

doctrk

Sep 14, 2004
Not surprised by this. Talent goes elsewhere.
Saw the posting on edjoin. been out of loop, didnt see this online.
Saw posting on edjoin.

Vista Murrieta is also open with Coley stepping down this week. That is one of the best jobs in the Inland Empire.

Brandon,
I saw that. That is a big time job.

Im listening for about transfers but haven't heard much yet, anything you've heard??

Not surprised by this. Talent goes elsewhere.
Saw the posting on edjoin. been out of loop, didnt see this online.
Saw posting on edjoin.

The talent their is crazy. I believe that is where Coach Steinberg made a name for himself. I know he was a CIF champion at Burroughs. His turn around @ Miller is what made him a top coaching candidate. I know Santiago kept him handcuffed on who he could bring on his staff. I hope for his sake that is not happening @ Rancho Verde. Since Rice is out @ JW North if he brings him to Rancho Verde as DC that will be his downfall.

I haven't heard about any transfers yet especially to Vista.

2G-that is where Steinberg made his name, he had a pretty good run at AB in the mid-late 2000s.

Also that was before Summit opened.
Kyle Jacobo, NFLs Nick Barnet, Erin Madden, AJ Springer - man was he a talent, David Dash, and Reshawn Hooker was a stud

Then Summit opened...

That Summit point is pretty good. I didn't think about that fact that it opening has basically killed AB in the major high school athletics.

D
The talent their is crazy. I believe that is where Coach Steinberg made a name for himself. I know he was a CIF champion at Burroughs. His turn around @ Miller is what made him a top coaching candidate. I know Santiago kept him handcuffed on who he could bring on his staff. I hope for his sake that is not happening @ Rancho Verde. Since Rice is out @ JW North if he brings him to Rancho Verde as DC that will be his downfall.
id Ruce leave JW?

What's the deal at AB with Strycula not being approved by the school board?
AB is fastly becoming Fo Hi north.

my understanding is there were concerns from his last two tours there. Although the principal and AD wanted him back, they didn't bother to check with the district office before offering him the job. This one is layed at least he AD feet because he was aware of the privious concerns. Strike is a good guy and whatever the concerns are he didn't deserve this

Reactions: Dave Keefer
Sounds like it's on both the AD and Principal. The principal has hired people before right? He or she should know how the procedure works. Idk how the process works, but it would make sense to call if there were concerns and ask if this was ok. Someone should be taking some heat. If I were a parent I would be upset. Teams out here in the SGV are already out there. I can only imagine the CBL teams.

The good thing that can help Miller in the future is a lot of new homes are being built within a half mile radius of the school.

the whole Etiwanda thing has always perplexed me.
with all that talent over there and nothing to show for it amazes me.
last years team was pretty bad, the year before, 2014, was pretty good. they had a lot of dudes and still couldn't win.
they have lost talent to rancho and upland, likely summit too.

That whole area over the past 5 years has been interesting. As Doc said RC/Upland/Summit got a lot of talent from that area the consistent is Etiwanda and AB have been average-below avg for most of it.

That Etiwanda job is still one that I wonder when or if someone will make it good with that area's talent.

Rancho and Etiwanda have new stadiums ready to go for next year.
Etiwanda had to travel to Colony HS for its home games.
Will new facilities keep/attract the area talent?
From what ive heard Rancho is impacted and isn't allowing many transfers in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT