ADVERTISEMENT

A Trio Of Interesting 1st Round Games

King Marques I

Nov 18, 2002
Here are just a few games I find interesting. I wish I could see them all.

Rancho Cucamonga at Vista Murrieta: I love this match-up for both schools. I saw Vista last week vs. Murrieta Valley. Their QB is a hard nosed football player that willed his team to victory. They will be a tough opponent. I saw Rancho Cuc early in the season before they were a complete team. I would have never guessed, when I saw them, that they would defeat Upland and win the Baseline League title. They are on a roll. This one could be a classic.

Redlands East Valley at Norco: I think a lot of Norco. They have a balanced offensive attack and play sound defense. I would be surprised to see them lose this game, but it can happen. This is a rematch from Week 4 when Norco won 52-37. It is tough to beat the same team twice in one season. REV is a quality opponent, and I have to believe they get a slight advantage because they lost earlier. But will it be enough to win in the playoffs? We will see.

Heritage at Upland: Two teams that perhaps went into week 10 just a little overrated and came out on the losing end of their respective league championship games. Which one is better prepared to bounce back. I think a lot of Coach Broach and his staff with the Patriots. They will be tough, physical, and ready. Coach Salter is not exactly new to this playoff thing, and in fact, he has only lost one first round playoff game dating back to 2008. What happens when an immovable object comes up against an unstoppable force? The answer may lie in this game Friday night.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Good Luck To All. Stay Healthy.

REV/ Norco-that 52-37 score is misleading. Norco had REV down 45-10 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter when they put in their subs. Now REV is a scoring machine and I like that QB, tough as nails and this will be a great 1st round game. Also this quarter of the bracket did Norco no favors. Norco the , the #3 seed gets #7 REV in the 1st rd, followed by the winner of #8 - #9 (Upland-Heritage) if they win. Well Calabasas, the #2 seed, playing #16 in the 1st round, followed by playing the winner of #14-15 in the 2nd, provides an easy path to the semis. Because of those easy matchups, odds are they will be able to rest their starters in the games leading up, and have an advantage over whoever they face in the semis. CIF is a joke.What's the point of all the hard work the players and coaches go through to EARN a top seed on the field, when a few guys in a room can use some arbitrary determinant of equality to decide the playoff matchups? In this case, 30-90 minutes extra on a bus was more important than the months of sweat and sacrifice that was done by the actual participants. Anyways WE ARE NORCO!

Reactions: King Marques I
That Heritage game is interesting because they are Cajon's one loss this season. They can definitely play with Upland especially after they led Rancho Verde for most of their game last week.

I like Mission Viejo at Bishop Amat the most for this week. A pair of good teams with a total of 3 loses on the field playing in a great, packed atmosphere at Kiefer. A pair of senior quarterbacks going back and forth will be fun to watch.

Rancho has yet to beat VM.
These two have had some memorable match-ups, including Vista's 62-56 5 OT win in 2015.
They also played 2 OT in 2010, with Vista winning on a goal line stand in the second OT.

Reactions: King Marques I
Rancho has yet to beat VM.
These two have had some memorable match-ups, including Vista's 62-56 5 OT win in 2015.
They also played 2 OT in 2010, with Vista winning on a goal line stand in the second OT.
doctrk how have you been? I think VM wins this in a close game. VM fron seven are big, fast and physical. And I think they will dominate RC OL. Plus that QB for VM is special, reminds me of Viramontes when he was at Norco. take care BnP

doctrk how have you been? I think VM wins this in a close game. VM fron seven are big, fast and physical. And I think they will dominate RC OL. Plus that QB for VM is special, reminds me of Viramontes when he was at Norco. take care BnP
I think VM D backs are as good as I have seen. If the D can keep the personal fouls down they should be OK. On the offensive side they need to get the running game cranked up. The passing game is not good enough to rely on for the win.
If RC can stop the run game they got a good shot at a win.

Last edited:
Hey BnP...Been well...Yourself?
VM always gives RC fits. Sounds like RC has its hands full in trenches. Ive seen RC play a few times, including Norco, and theyre not real big upfront as in past years.
My good friend's son punts for you guys, Norco.
D2 bracket looks fun, wide open. I'll be paying more attention to that instead of D1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT