ADVERTISEMENT

When the Top Private Schools Match Up

raffidog123

Nov 11, 2018
Looking forward to the DLS/MD game on Saturday. As a northern california person, I will, of course, root for DLS. Inteersting that we have two top private schools. One, DLS, goes with what they have as freshmen to build their team. The other, MD. relies also on mass transfers.

I guess coach Rollison still smarts from the 4 years in a row smackdown that DLS have them years ago. Harder to admire MD program because of all the transfers.

What's the difference. One has transfers over the years and the other's come in as freshmen . . . We need an Open Public Bowl. Is this game being televised. Spectrum has covered games so far but do not have this one scheduled.

It's being Spectrum channel 1, it isn't on Direct TV. So not many people will be able to see this game unless there are at Cerritos College.

It's being Spectrum channel 1, it isn't on Direct TV. So not many people will be able to see this game unless there are at Cerritos College.

Thank you. I'm in NM so I guess I will have to just read about it. I have Spectrum on Direct TV Sports Pack along with a Spectrum Alternate Channel. Maybe.

Hard to admire MD because of transfers??????????? What top10 program does not get transfers in that can help their teams??? The answer all of them do!!!

Is this game being televised. Spectrum has covered games so far but do not have this one scheduled.

The only coverage I've been able to find is Scoretracker on MaxPreps. Somebody for De La Salle has signed up to cover it on Scoretracker. I've never used this but I imagine you can get game updates, scoring info, etc.

Reactions: zoneblitzer31
The only coverage I've been able to find is Scoretracker on MaxPreps. Somebody for De La Salle has signed up to cover it on Scoretracker. I've never used this but I imagine you can get game updates, scoring info, etc.

Thanks Dave. I have used Max Preps to follow games for CC when they have not been available otherwise. I also do that to follow my old schools in Arkansas and Louisiana.

Looking forward to the DLS/MD game on Saturday. As a northern california person, I will, of course, root for DLS. Inteersting that we have two top private schools. One, DLS, goes with what they have as freshmen to build their team. The other, MD. relies also on mass transfers.

I guess coach Rollison still smarts from the 4 years in a row smackdown that DLS have them years ago. Harder to admire MD program because of all the transfers.

Well, if you are the only catholic/private football power
in the ENTIRE CIF north coast section and in an area as
large as Orange County without any other true competition
it will usually work out where you don't need a lot of
transfers, though currently only 20% of the starters are
transfers, the rest have been there since enrolling as frosh, fyi) (DLS has a few also, fyi

#1: DLS is not the onl catholic school in the area. Other catholic schools have ability to build a strong program.
#2: You have no way of knowing if only 20% of MD starters are transfers.
#3: DLS has ZERO transfers on this years team.

Check your facts before you spout off.

Having transfers still does not make a team admirable. That's why I have ZERO respect for Rollison. He is still 1-4 vs. DLS.

well then you have zero respect for all the coaches who have top programs, cause they are all doing it

So . . . if you "TRANSFER" in as a freshman . . . you are not a "TRANSFER" (?) . . . interesting concept. Since privates have no boundaries (?) as long as athlete's family can pay (?) and has transportation from out of area home (?) its not a transfer to transfer in as a freshman.

So . . . if you "TRANSFER" in as a freshman . . . you are not a "TRANSFER" (?) . . . interesting concept. Since privates have no boundaries (?) as long as athlete's family can pay (?) and has transportation from out of area home (?) its not a transfer to transfer in as a freshman.

See Su'a Cravens transfer as a Freshman from Temecula to Vista Murrietta to avoid any consequences .

I respect teams that use the players they have when they start as freshmen. Look atMD; their qb transferred in last year for his sophomore year knowing that Daniels would leave and he would take over this year. Too bad MD and SJB can't just take the players they have when students start their freshmen year and not take transfers. That is the DLS model.

I respect teams that use the players they have when they start as freshmen. Look atMD; their qb transferred in last year for his sophomore year knowing that Daniels would leave and he would take over this year. Too bad MD and SJB can't just take the players they have when students start their freshmen year and not take transfers. That is the DLS model.

Stop crying,man;if DLS had been a SoCal team from it's
foundation,they would have no where near the record they
have now - it is what it is...

He is incorrect De La Salle has a transfer and its their best player by a mile this year, who showed up after his freshman year at Burbank in Sacramento. Everyone has transfers, granted after living in both regions of the state for an extended period of time its much more common in the south but thats the game.

Does it really matter if a get was recruited to the school as an 8th grader or a 10 grader?? Its all the same, everyone is playing with the same rules.

Looking forward to the DLS/MD game on Saturday. As a northern california person, I will, of course, root for DLS. IntErEsting that we have two top private schools. One, DLS, goes with what they have as freshmen to build their team. The other, MD. relies also on mass transfers.

As an outsider looking in! I would like to make a few comments about the football in Cali, IF I may? FIRST of ALL, if ANY of these coaches were all that, and a bag of chips! They'd be plying their wares at the COLLEGE level! SECONDLY, if Rollinson WERE all that, refer to #1! And #2, he wouldn't hafta scour the countryside to fill out a roster, to compete on a national level! Any halfass decent coach could take the talent he steals from his neighbors, and accomplish the same thing! SAME o SAME o with Coach Lad at DLS! PLUS, he played virtual NOBODIES during the 151-0 reign of hypocrisy! You DO realize that he is STILL on the sidelines, giving his expertise! And DLS is floundering.

And if you think that the competition is stellar in Cali! Consider that you boys have 10,000 schools! And it's ALWAYS the same half dozen making the national top 100 poll! NOBODY is THAT good, unless they're playing podunk schools! MY state has 1/4 the population of Cali, and has nearly as many big times players, and nearly as many big time teams! And ALL of OUR BIG BOYS are PUBLIC SCHOOLS! We were rated national champions in two separate polls in 2015! And we draw ALL of our talent from a county of 46,000 people! Were our recently departed head coach to rape and pillage the countryside, like EVERY power in Cali! He'd win EVERY game we'd ever played, in his eleven year reign! In OUR state PRIVATE schools don't want ANYTHING to do with the big PUBLICS!

As an aside, if Milton has as good of a team returning, as the one who beat us in the 7A State Championship last season, 14-13!! They will make JSerra wish they had stayed home!

As an outsider looking in! I would like to make a few comments about the football in Cali, IF I may? FIRST of ALL, if ANY of these coaches were all that, and a bag of chips! They'd be plying their wares at the COLLEGE level! SECONDLY, if Rollinson WERE all that, refer to #1! And #2, he wouldn't hafta scour the countryside to fill out a roster, to compete on a national level! Any halfass decent coach could take the talent he steals from his neighbors, and accomplish the same thing! SAME o SAME o with Coach Lad at DLS! PLUS, he played virtual NOBODIES during the 151-0 reign of hypocrisy! You DO realize that he is STILL on the sidelines, giving his expertise! And DLS is floundering.

And if you think that the competition is stellar in Cali! Consider that you boys have 10,000 schools! And it's ALWAYS the same half dozen making the national top 100 poll! NOBODY is THAT good, unless they're playing podunk schools! MY state has 1/4 the population of Cali, and has nearly as many big times players, and nearly as many big time teams! And ALL of OUR BIG BOYS are PUBLIC SCHOOLS! We were rated national champions in two separate polls in 2015! And we draw ALL of our talent from a county of 46,000 people! Were our recently departed head coach to rape and pillage the countryside, like EVERY power in Cali! He'd win EVERY game we'd ever played, in his eleven year reign! In OUR state PRIVATE schools don't want ANYTHING to do with the big PUBLICS!

As an aside, if Milton has as good of a team returning, as the one who beat us in the 7A State Championship last season, 14-13!! They will make JSerra wish they had stayed home!

What polls were they? I’d be surprised if a credible poll had a Georgia team ranked higher in 2015 than Katy, DLS, Centennial, Gorman???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT