ADVERTISEMENT

West Valley Division Rankings Week 1

doctrk

Sep 14, 2004
Yes, there were a few surprises and disappointments as the 2014 season kicked off.
I think this is going to be a tough division to rank weekly with the competitiveness of non league contests, let alone league.
you win you move up you lose you move down.

1 (2). Vista Murrieta - bye -opens @ Downey (1-0) Still cant believe that its been such a quiet (haven't heard much) summer in SWR.

2. (3) Upland (1-0) Beat lowly Knight 71 - 0 was up 57-0 at the half. As the season goes on uplands schedule gets a little tougher. This week not much though Next: Redondo (0-1)

3. (5) Chaparral (1-0) Lit up Victor Valley 64-0. goes on the road to face a team who is likely upset after being upset.Tesoro (0-1)

4.(6) Valencia - bye Hosts Palmdale (1-0)

5. (nr) Chino Hills (1-0) after being down 35 - 14 to Hart the Huskies roared back for a 63 - 48 victory over highly regarded Hart. Is CH for real? we'll see this week. Next: J Serra (1-0)

6. (1) Mission Viejo (0-1) What happened? MV lost to Liberty from Bakersfield 18-7. Are the diablos overrated? doesn't get easier for MV as they travel to Oceanside (1-0)

7. (8) Rancho Cucamonga (1-0) RC opened the season with a 17-0 victory over Trabuco Hills. The defense looked great, but that offense needs to catch up and quick. Next: Norco (0-0)

8. (nr) El Toro (1-0) ET came up with a big win over an always good La Habra team, 51-35. The Chargers should continue their winning ways. Next: Capo Valley (1-0)

9. (9)Great Oak (1-0) with a monster 4th quarter GO pulls out a 38 -21 win over Carlsbad. This week the Pack host King (0-0)

10. (4) Hart - When the wheels fall off...Hart was up 35-14 over Chino Hills and looked to be coasting. Then it got ugly with CH outscoring Hart 49-13. I don't know, but Hart's in trouble this week. Next: Chaminade (1-0)

others:

Edison (2-0) Went from a twinkie to a ding dong. Edison beat CC* 51-6. after this week it gets real. Next LA Garfield (0-1)
Los Al - opens the season this week vs Paramount (1-0)
Fountain Valley (1-0) won on the road in Florida
Newport Harbor - opens with LA Hamilton (0-1)

Daddy-Grandpa ball will be MV's downfall this season.

Word is that Keyshawn Johnson is transferring his kid out.

that lasted about a minute.
will he be eligible immediately?
not like Keyshawn cant afford it.

I had no idea that Hart was gonna be so vulnerable on defense. A couple of posters predicted it, but I was blinded to that possibility. Don't think it will get fixed this week as Chaminade looks poised for a monster season, however perhaps as the season progresses they can get better. It may just be a lack of varsity experience that is a problem. If it doesn't get better by close to league, expect some of those offensive players to show up more on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT