ADVERTISEMENT

Sit Out Period Ends This Week

King Marques I

Nov 18, 2002
I believe the sit-out period ends this week...Week 6 will see players who are eligible for the first time this season.

Who will be helped the most by these new players?...Who potentially sees the biggest jump?

centennial I was told have several transfers that will be eligible when league starts, although wont need them in a not so good big 8 league

That is sad about the Big 8...Norco will make Centennial compete, but with Roosevelt and Santiago struggling, those games will be straight cake walks.

And Corona and King would struggle in almost any other league.

I believe the sit-out period ends this week...Week 6 will see players who are eligible for the first time this season.

Who will be helped the most by these new players?...Who potentially sees the biggest jump?

Chaparral gets a couple guys in, but their biggest addition was White and he has already played 2 games.

When Oaks Christian lost to Murrieta Valley their parents kept saying they didn’t have their “real team” yet. Seemed like they were anticipating a bump.

A ton of transfers ride into Rancho Verde on the Duffy Train. I haven’t tracked who was waiting on eligibility, though.

Cen10 is supposedly getting an influx.

The big 8 was fairly good 7-8 years ago, Corona, King, and Santiago were much more competitive, Now those teams along with Roosevelt just aren't even average teams. Norco is at least typically an average high school team, if the other schools were at that level, league would be pretty good........leagues like the southwestern and baseline are much better leagues

Reactions: King Marques I
The transfers have ruined prep football since the days of neighborhood kids competing against other neighboring communities. The innocence and the purity of the game has been lost. Ironically, a lot of that has to do with the lack of ethics of the supposedly morally superior factions like the parochial and private schools. It's been epidemic and has trickled over to a few publics to try to compete with them.

Last edited:
Narbonne's Kobe Stewart becomes eligible this week. The wide out from the state of Georgia is committed to Arizona State, he's their third D1 commit at wide receiver joining guys going to USC and Alabama.

Most of, if not all programs in div 1 and 2 are dependent on quality transfers in their programs, most of the best players on these are transfers or people from outside the school district.. You can look at in the inland empire Upland, Norco, Centennial, Rancho Cuc, Vista Murrieta, Murrieta Valley all very dependent on transfers, also are the top programs in the area.

Most of, if not all programs in div 1 and 2 are dependent on quality transfers in their programs, most of the best players on these are transfers or people from outside the school district.. You can look at in the inland empire Upland, Norco, Centennial, Rancho Cuc, Vista Murrieta, Murrieta Valley all very dependent on transfers, also are the top programs in the area.
I guess it depends on how you define “very dependent.” The only SWL team I know of with multiple incoming strangers who start is Chaparral. MV lost one starter and gained one. I don’t know if Vista Murrieta picked up a single starter.

The transfer flow of elite talent is primarily outbound in the SWL. Guys like Domani Jackson and Josh Hunter are at Mater Dei instead of MV. Logan Gonzalez, Tiger Bachmeier...at last count there were about 16 SWL players who went to the Trinity League. MV got guys when Pete Duffy was the OC. Now Rancho Verde got a ton with Duffy as HC. But there’s no recruiting in public schools...

In the past oh lets say 5 or 6 yrs both those schools have had many transfers, if that has stopped that is probably why they are both middle of the road or lower div 2 teams

In the past oh lets say 5 or 6 yrs both those schools have had many transfers, if that has stopped that is probably why they are both middle of the road or lower div 2 teams
Where MV is ranked right now they’d still be D1 under last year’s model. Vista Murrieta would be on the bubble I think. Pretty sure MV only had one transfer kid play much last year also, and he came from Temescal Canyon.

The year before that MV benefited from one starting transfer receiver and a backup LB. I’m just don’t think the “very dependent” characterization has been accurate for at least the last three years. They’ve lost more than they’ve taken in during that time.

ok three yrs I went back to 5 or 6yrs. This year I think Both Murrieta schools are probably 16-20 th in div 1/2. But neither is as good as they have been bec of lack of transfers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT