St. Bonny at Norco
Santa Margarita at Crespi
Servite at LB Poly

Serra at Centennial
Mater Dei at Westlake
Lakewood at Bishop Amat
Santiago at JSerra

My first thoughts are the 3 wow games:
1. Mater Dei/Westlake in a rematch of a last second thriller in early October.
2. Servite/Poly 2 preseason top 3 teams that are loaded with talent.
3. Serra at Centennial, the Cavs settled on a QB and have been rolling and they face the hottest team in the division.

This post was edited on 11/9 5:29 PM by bjbrandon

what a crazy batch of first round games.

can you imagine the quarter finals...wow..is right

I don't think serra can stop cc's offense.
poly / servite is intriguing in that poly has had the last 7 weeks off.
crespi - rsm..great first rounder.
troy Thomas revisits trinity rival

That Crespi/RSM matchup is also good. The JSerra game is growing on me especially with Blake Barnett facing Nick Robinson, who has been one of the hottest players in Southern California, as he quarterbacks arguably the biggest surprise in SoCal.

I'll be down for the semis, which I would be kind of surprised if it isn't SJB/Long Beach Poly on the top bracket.

Poly is always a threat but as another poster had stated, they just finished league. Their league is weaker than the Big 8 and the Big 8 is down this year!

Hey BT,Have you watched Bloomington this season? I saw them against Fohi. Two weak teams obviously but Bloomington had the lead and some momentum but fell apart.

Fohian, ...I haven't been to a game in 2 years! Not because it's far, but because the principal doesn't care about football. Bloomington is no longer a football school. It's a complete wrestling school. They already have kids transferring to be on the wrestling team.
Conner (Markhams successor) buried the program 6 feet under. This current coach (Fino)layed a slab of cement 4 feet thick over it.

So I ran some numbers and here is what I came up with...

During Conners run from 08, 09, 10, and 11 season, Bloomington went 12-28, scored 717 pts, and gave up 1204, and were shut out 6 times.

During Finos run from 12, 13, and 14, the Bruins went 3-27, scored 294 pts, and gave up 1034, and were shut out 9 times.

Grand total since Markham left, Bloomington is 15-55, scored 1011 pts, gave up 2238, and shut out 15 times.

I wrote the principal before the start of the 2014 season to look for a new coach. I told her to go after Fazio the second I heard he was on the market before he went to Ramona. I told her to go even plea and try and get Richard Smith (who is at one of the Redlands school and is only in his early 40s). Something to infuse the program with life. She responded along the lines of "we look at all our options at the end of the year."
ohwell.r191677.gif

Really? You didn't look that hard did you. But yeah, you can only go and support a team so much before it becomes a waste of personal time. Bloomington isn't even competitive. It's not even fun to go anymore. They don't improve. From the very first team post Markham, the line looked weak even though they had size. I wonder what the principals excuse will be when she brings this guy back again. If she does get another coach, she'll probably wait until the end of the school year which would be extremely late also.

went 6-2.
Norco had a huge win.
Crespi is the real deal. I think id like to see them play live.

SJB over Norco
Crespi over Poly - coin flip 2 out 3

JS
MD - CC - CC is vastly improved since they last played. MD somewhat survived the gauntlet of the Trinity.

As much as I like MD, I think outscores them, not by much though.

CC over MD

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT