ADVERTISEMENT

Our first "pre-season" poll for SoCal

Dave Keefer

Jul 4, 2001
Take a look at Brandon Tatera's early look at his top 7 teams in Southern California for next season. It's still months away but never too early to speculate for the upcoming rankings.

His #1 may surprise you!

This post was edited on 1/9 5:10 PM by Dave Keefer

Super 7 for next season (Free article)

Re: Our first "pre-season" poll

Is that poll for SoCal only? I noticed De LaSalle not mentioned so perhaps this is SoCal only or have they fallen that far off the grid?

Thanks for catching that, Grizz. I made some notations in the subject title and in the article to clear that up.

That is strictly Southern California, De La Salle should still be very good as should Folsom among others if we were to add in Nor Cal teams.

I love your guys predictions but the best team next year maybe in the Inland Division. Corona Centennial may have a unproven QB yet Coach Logan has been able to overcome these obstacle's in the past. They will have the dynamic Sophomore JJ Taylor in the backfield. They return 8 on the defensive side. Their wide receiver core is ridiculus. O-Line will need work as well as D-Line. Knowing this they should be ranked in your top 7.

They will be a better team.

2G, I would have had them 8 or 9 on my list if I extended it to 10. Taylor is big time, I thought he and Tre were their best players against St. John Bosco. He was first team all CIF as a sophomore not Stewart, the talented junior. Do you like him more at RB or CB?

Bankhead and Jaxon are both good targets at WR, the whole QB thing was what gave me some pause. Do you think they get Barnett/a transfer?

BJ, If this kid stays healthy he will be the best running back ever to come out of Centennial. Definetly at RB and I am a defensive guy. His vision is ridiculous. If you want him @ Rivalscamp this year give me a call. I have his info. (909)214-8059.

Hey gaper - do you want to help out at the Rivals Camp at CS Fullerton March 1? Let me know and I'll get you media credentials. You were great last time and I'd love to have your insights.

It's starting to look more and more like Brandon's #1 team belongs there at the top of his list. While Tony Brown has transferred out, QB Waller has over a dozen D1 offers, WR Equanimeous St. Brown is approaching 20 D1 offers, OL Clayton Johnston has about seven, CB Maurice Davison has three, CB Karlton Dennis one, LB Jack Savage has one, and WR Osiris St. Brown has one.

Those seven will continue to draw offers, and , by my count, there are 6-9 others who should have offers by the end of the season.

This post was edited on 5/30 9:17 PM by Slotback Right

I completely agree, Servite is going to be very good. Their game at De La Salle on 9/27 could be undefeated 1/2 in the state if they can beat Bishop Gorman and De La beats Byrnes. I knew Waller was going to blow up, I didn't think to this level though with Alabama offering and Oregon expected soon. They even had Tony Brown transfer out and still should be fine.

I'll re-do this later on before the season but Long Beach Poly will definitely bump up from 5, maybe to 2 or 3 with 3 more likely and slide Westlake to 4. Seeing their spring practice before leaving back to SF and adding Colin Samuel to an already loaded secondary with the top DB in the country, Iman Marshall made a huge impression on me.

Yes, Upland returns 16 starters, but what most miss is that Upland also has three players returning that had to sit out the entire season..........and all three got D1 offers over the summer.
Those three would have been starters too.

This Upland team would smoke last years Upland team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT