ADVERTISEMENT

Norco leads early

King Marques I

Nov 18, 2002
It is not often I get out of the Riverside/Moreno Valley area for a game, so I am glad to be at Rancho Cucamonga's Cougar Stadium. It is my first time here and is a beautiful stadium. The home stands are full and, at times, loud.

Not much to cheer about so far for the home team. Norco's offense has both powered and sliced it's way through the RC defense. RC has no answer defensively.

Same story on the other side of the ball. RC has moved the ball but only one, two or three plays at a time. Norco D has forced three turnovers, penalties stopped another drive each occurrence leading to TDs.

Missed extra point is the only thing gone wrong for Norco.

They lead 27-0 5:27 2nd.

2 minute offense did not look good. Otherwise, good half for Norco.

RC has to show it can finish a drive to become competitive tonight.

27-0 at the half.

Is this game about to become interesting? RC took the first drive of the half 65 yards for a score.

Then the D held Norco to a three and out.

RC is driving again trailing 27-7

Two drives, two touchdowns for RC.

This time Norco has responded with a thouchdown of their own.

34-14

rancho has great stadium. wasn't sure if it was a concert or a football game for rancho high. Rancho def better at sing and dance than football. One amazing catch at the end of 4th other than that hard to watch.

Rancho Cuc is way down. Losing players to transfer has really caught up to them, if they make the div 1 playoffs it will be an ugly first round game.

HS football runs in cycles. RC is in a down cycle. If theyre not careful they'll turn into Los Osos. First time in forever RC is 0-2.
Defense isn't good, offense is just as bad. Losing your top 2 players hurts.
Next week they host Amat. Maybe Baiz got out at the right time.

Yes nice stadium with enthusiastic student body.
Rancho used to be gangsta, now it's more like zippity do dah.
The music went from AC/DC / Metallica to Disney toons.

HS football runs in cycles. RC is in a down cycle. If theyre not careful they'll turn into Los Osos. First time in forever RC is 0-2.
Defense isn't good, offense is just as bad. Losing your top 2 players hurts.
Next week they host Amat. Maybe Baiz got out at the right time.

Yes nice stadium with enthusiastic student body.
Rancho used to be gangsta, now it's more like zippity do dah.
The music went from AC/DC / Metallica to Disney toons.

You can Thank ..Ground Zero for RC demise....

JE,

RC hasn't been this bad in over 12 years.
Even then they had a collection of D1 players.
VJ, Lei Talamavio, Deon Ford, G Pittman...
My boy's coaching at Chaffey College and told me over the summer they were at RC checking things out and he told me other than 1 or 2 guys, RC is small in the trenches. He wasn't kidding.

First off i'm not going to say i'm on the GZ bandwagon. But there are still other kids at RC from GZ. So you point has not been made.
lol...Ok So when you have Armonds Hawkins from GZ saying it was RC fault that the kids transferred to MD and him hinting months ahead of time they where leaving...You really believe he had no input on this?

JE,

My boy's coaching at Chaffey College and told me over the summer they were at RC checking things out and he told me other than 1 or 2 guys, RC is small in the trenches. He wasn't kidding.
Doc....Norco is not very big in the trenches this year at all...Both tackles go 6`3 270 and starting guards & center are 6`0 270 pound range, but they all are warriors in the weight room.

Reactions: Fughedda bout it
Is it me, or is every kid that transfers associated with a 7-7 club or personal trainer?
I'm sure it's not the first but at least my first experience was Troy Lau influencing kids in the murrieta/Temecula/North San Diego area towards Vista Murrieta. Once he got his hooks in Cravens many followed. (with monthly payments for training as well.)

Reactions: Lock-N-Loaded
JE,

Doctrk
RC is way down. In my opinion it had to do with the wrong hire as HC. We all know who should have been hired to keep those kids there and it was not. Talent level has drop off tremendously. Sad to see the program that our boys had a hand in built fall so fast.

Doctrk
RC is way down. In my opinion it had to do with the wrong hire as HC. We all know who should have been hired to keep those kids there and it was not. Talent level has drop off tremendously. Sad to see the program that our boys had a hand in built fall so fast.
Wrong hire? Baiz bailed because his two top players tucked and ran to MD. Who do you think was behind that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT