ADVERTISEMENT

League Predictions

King Marques I

Nov 18, 2002
With league play about to begin for most leagues I thought it would be a good time to talk about how league play will work itself out.

Here are my prognostications (I grouped them all into one thread):

Big 8
Centennial
Norco
Roosevelt
Santiago
Corona
King

Baseline
Upland
Rancho Cucamonga
Damien
Chino Hills
Los Osos
Etiwanda

Southwestern
Murrieta Valley
Vista Murrieta
Chaparral
Temecula Valley
Great Oak
Murrieta Mesa

Citrus Belt
Cajon
Citrus Valley
Carter
Redlands East Valley
Redlands
Yucaipa

Inland Valley
North
Orange Vista
Riverside Poly
Canyon Springs
Lakeside
Perris

Ivy
Rancho Verde
Heritage
Valley View
Paloma Valley

Mountain Pass
San Jacinto
Citrus Hill
Beaumont
Hemet
West Valley
Tahquitz

Mountain Valley
League play has already begun

River View
Norte Vista
Hillcrest
Ramona
Patriot
La Sierra
Jurupa Valley

San Andreas
San Gorgonio
Jurupa Hills
Rim of the World
Eisenhower
Rialto
Arroyo Valley

Sunbelt
Elsinore
Notre Dame
Temwscal Canyon
Arlington

Sunkist
Kaiser
Summit
Bloomington
Grand Terrace
Fontana
Colton

I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
I just realized that I haven't posted on this site, ever. It says I'm a new member (joined 2008) and have one post! I've usually just been a lurker to check things out. Everything here looks spot on. The only two things I might say could happen is a three way tie in the Mt. Pass league. Beaumont, Citrus Hill, and San Jacinto all finish at 4-1, each beating the other once.

You may be right, CSUFGrad.

To me the jury is out on Beaumont. I am a fan of Coach Steinberg and what he has done with the Cougars is quite special. But they have done it against teams that are a combined 3-23; albeit in dominating fashion.

We should know right away as they open league play against a San Jacinto team that has improved in each of the last two seasons and may be ready to knock Citrus Hill off their perch.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
I just realized that I haven't posted on this site, ever. It says I'm a new member (joined 2008) and have one post! I've usually just been a lurker to check things out.

I think the member info might relate to registering with any Rivals.com message board. But welcome here, we're a friendly bunch!

Reactions: King Marques I
Other than the big 2, the Big 8 is horrible.

Third place in Baseline is really up for grabs.
Chino Hills, Osos, and Damien look like the best bets.
Don't overlook Etiwanda.
E Hi and Osos play this week.
Other than Rancho and Upland, this league's been down for a few years now.

Reactions: King Marques I
I'm not fully sold on Bloomington, Nuview Bridge and CMI are horrible, ACA and La Sierra are iffy plus the loss to Miller. I think Bloomington might once again bring up the rear of the Sunkist League, but will be more competitive against Colton and Fontana than they were last year

The Inland Valley needs to add Fontana, Arroyo Valley and Jurupa Valley and they could change the name to the Horse $#!+ League.

Last edited:
The Inland Valley needs to add Fontana, Arroyo Valley and Jurupa Hills and they could change the name to the Horse $#!+ League.
Hey. Wait a minute. Lol. Ok, Fohi is still in the doldrums but Jurupa Hills is actually a decent team.

I'm not fully sold on Bloomington, Nuview Bridge and CMI are horrible, ACA and La Sierra are iffy plus the loss to Miller. I think Bloomington might once again bring up the rear of the Sunkist League, but will be more competitive against Colton and Fontana than they were last year
Yeah, Bloomington has played an ultra soft schedule. Cupcake city. Fohi has been in every game except Jurupa Hills. Even with Ike they were in it for the first half and then they went to hell in the second with 2 pooch kicks that somehow Ike recovered. One of them 40 yards down the field. Ridiculous. Ike scored TDs after both recoveries and pulled away. They had a great chance at beating Ramona too. Basically any team with good speed will beat Fohi. They've beaten Bloomington 7 years in a row and they did beat Miller so I'll stick with my Steelers there.

Hey. Wait a minute. Lol. Ok, Fohi is still in the doldrums but Jurupa Hills is actually a decent team.
Typed Jurupa Valley and I Pad changed it to Hills based on my weekly predictions and have edited it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT