ADVERTISEMENT

JR High/Middle School Girls Skill Clinic (Northern California)

RubeOnRoundball

Jul 15, 2002
Learn Where The Professionals Learn
SCHOOL OF ROUNDBALL
Personalized Instruction For The Serious Athlete

2007 PERIMETER SKILL CLINIC
JR High/Middle School Girls
[/I]

The School Of Roundball announces its inaugural Perimeter Skill Clinic for Junior High/Middle School players to be held @ NBA clientele. Clinic participants will have an opportunity to compete alongside and against top level perimeter players from throughout Northern California while being exposed to a variety of advanced techniques which will better enable them to maximize their offensive capabilities.

The School Of Roundball over the past several years has conducted a Varsity level Perimeter Skill Clinic that has featured numerous D-I scholarship athletes. They have included Erica Helms (Univ. Nevada-Las Vegas), Rachel Bilney (Verbal to Univ. of Richmond), Samantha Bilney (Verbal to Univ. of Richmond), Vicky Deely (Verbal to UC Davis), Alex Cowling (Verbal to Loyola-Marymount Univ.), Lauren Bell (Verbal to Pepperdine Univ.), and Ashlee Burns (Verbal to Cal Poly).

Registration will be limited to 28 players. Those interested in attending this year's event should contact Coach Luna at: hoopschool@hotmail.com

CLINIC FEE: $72.50

LIMITED REGISTRATION
Early Registration Suggested

CLINIC DIRECTOR
Ruben Luna

Coach Luna currently develops and conducts individual workouts involving fundamental skill drills for professional athletes. Xu Zhang (Cal).

Along with having led Bay Pride to three San Francisco Pro-Am League championships, Coach Luna has coached at the Division I, Division III, Junior College, and High School level. Coach Luna's Bay Pride teams featured Steve Nash.

Coach Luna has also conducted Antonio Davis[/I] Big Man Camps, and was instrumental as the co-founder in establishing the Primera Escuela del Basquetbol, a prototype developmental school in Mexico City which introduced advanced offensive and defensive concepts to prep athletes and coaches

COACHING STAFF

SUE PHILLIPS
Head Coach-Archbishop Mitty High

Coach Phillips returns for her 15th season as the head coach of the women’s basketball program, leading the Monarchs to the 2007 CIF Division II State title. From 1992-2000, Coach Phillips led the Monarchs to a record of 228-30. She spent 2000 as an assistant women’s basketball’s coach at the University of California at Berkeley and then returned to Archbishop Mitty three years ago. Under Coach Phillips, Archbishop Mitty has captured 12 CCS titles, 7 NorCal titles, and three state championships. In 1999, she guided the women’s varsity team to its first state title at the Division I level. That same year, the Monarchs finished with a 31-0 record and Coach Phillips was named National Coach-of-the-Year by Student Sports Magazine.

WADE NAKAMURA
Head Coach-Presentation High

Coach Nakamura begins his first season at Presentation High, and his 10th as a head coach at the varsity level. During his three seasons as head coach at Homestead High, Coach Nakamura was twice named the Mercury News CCS Coach of the Year while leading the Mustangs to back-to-back CCS titles in 1999 and 2000. In 2002 Coach Nakamura began a six year stint at Leland High where he led the Chargers to three league titles and was selected as the 2006 BVAL Coach of the Year. Prior to becoming a head coach, Coach Nakamura was an assistant for his Father, Gene Nakamura, the legendary coach of perennial powerhouse Berkeley High.

PERIMETER SKILL CLINIC
Sample Itinerary

10:00-10:10 INTRODUCTION

10:10-10:25 FOOTWORK-3 Pivots

1) Jab
2) Crossover
3) Front

10:25-10:45 SHOOTING
1) 1 On 0 Post Feed/Return w/Passer (Slide Hop, Catch, Shot)
2) 1 On 1 Post Feed/Return w/Passer (Keep Feet Still)

10:45-11:05 BALL HANDLING-Back Up Dribble

11:05-11:20 SHOOTING-Inside Foot Pivot

11:20-11:40 BALL HANDLING-Shake

11:40-12:00 FOOTWORK-'V' Cut

1) Full Court (Plant/Push-Show Hands)
2) Diamond Drill (Front Pivot)

12:00-12:20 BALL HANDLING-Crossover
1) Crossover
2) Shake/Crossover

12:20-12:45 L-U-N-C-H B-R-E-A-K

12:45-12:55 FOOTWORK-Flare 'Breakdown'

12:55-1:05 TRANSITION-San Antonio Spurs Drill

3 Man Weave/3 On 2 [/I]

1:05-1:25 FOOTWORK-Creating Lead
1) 2 On 0 Adjusted ‘L’ Cut w/Flare (Jumper)
2) 3 On 0 Reverse Spin w/Flare (Drive & Pitch)

1:25-1:45 BALL HANDLING-Spin

1:45-2:05 FOOTWORK-2 On 0 w/Coach

1) Straight Cut
2) Back Cut
3) Circle Cut

2:05-2:25 SCRIMMAGE-3 On 3 'No Dribble'

2:25-2:40 BALL HANDLING-Touch & Go

2:40-3:00 SCRIMMAGE-5 On 5 'Live'

This post was edited on 9/15 7:06 PM by RubeOnRoundball

School Of Roundball

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT