ADVERTISEMENT

Inland Bracket

bjbrandon

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Los Osos at No. 1 Vista Murrieta, 7 p.m.
Yucaipa at Charter Oak, 7 p.m.
Redlands East Valley at Rancho Cucamonga, 7 p.m.
Great Oak at No. 4 Norco, 7 p.m.

South Hills at No. 3 Upland, 7 p.m.
Corona Santiago at Eisenhower, 7 p.m.
Chino Hills at Chaparral, 7 p.m.
Etiwanda at No. 2 Corona Centennial, 7 p.m.

This post was edited on 11/10 1:50 PM by Dave Keefer

Rancho got hosed.
pretty surprised they weren't the #4 seed even after losing to upland, they went 9-1, and beat Norco during the season.
whatever, not a good thing to wake that beast up.
upland once again gets a nice draw to reach semi's. seems they never play anybody in first 2 rounds.

anyway good matchups, only a few gimmies here.
Santiago - ike
CH - Chappy - wow
is GO all that? we'll see vs Norco
baseline teams got no respect.
we'll predict later.

How did RC get hosed? They been living on the edge...well Norco has improved tremendously...you talk about waking up a beast...all this talk of Norco not deserving of the #4 seed is a joke...IMO they are at least #3

I too would disagree.
Norcos been playing great ball, sounds like they're getting back to Norco football, but a #4 seed isn't right.
Really no point on arguing with you on this one.

My first thought was Rancho got screwed. First the seed, I still thought they'd get the 4 because they beat Norco and had one loss in the last week. Then the draw, a good REV team then a Norco team then possibly Vista Murrieta.

Second thought, rematches in the second round: Norco/RC, Upland/Santiago, Chaparral/Centennial in a rematch of a playoff game from 2 years ago.

REV/RC and Santiago/IKE should be good first round games.

Honestly. Doc...there is no diffrence between the 4th & 5th seed...so IMO it should be a none issue....both teams got respectable draws...

I guess in the end it doesn't really matter 4th or 5th. still a little shocked on how poorly we played vs upland.
being the 4 or 5 still means you have to go through VM.
rancho won the coin toss for a home game vs Norco, provided we both win.

I agree 4/5 doesn't matter, but that coin flip could be interesting.

I thought REV was better than their record then they were down 28-7 for most of that game on Friday against IKE.

doctrk posted on 11/10/2013...

I guess in the end it doesn't really matter 4th or 5th. still a little shocked on how poorly we played vs upland.
being the 4 or 5 still means you have to go through VM.
rancho won the coin toss for a home game vs Norco, provided we both win.

I thought RC played flat and looked beat up? Injuries are part of it but that was not a good showing on RC's part. Maybe, it could be attributed to the fact Upland got back to fundamentals on D and kept everything in front of them.

i don't know if rancho was so much as flat or if uplands game plan was just that good.

would have been nice to have seen the soph QB put in positive situations, but he too, had a bad night. he was just ineffective. rc also had like 6 procedure penalties, drive killers against a good upland defense, seemed to be 2nd and 15 all night.

ranchos has a few injuries as does everyone else.

the starting RB is soph and his back up is freshman and the soph, manning is doing a pretty decent job.
one of the starters, Muhammad, has had a bum ankle for the last month, although its healing up.
the other starter is out due to grades, couldn't pull off a 2.0.

you're the starting rb at rancho cucamonga and you cant earn a 2.0, don't get me started.

upland played a great game and had energy all night. it was a combo of upland playing a great game w a ton of energy and rc not showing up. overall, as a fan, it was frustrating. 107 straight.

I forgot to submit my picks for round one. it would have looked like this.

VM
Charter Oak
RC
Norco

Upland
IKE
Chino Hills
CC

went 6-2 ouch...

Not bad going 6-2. I didn't see Ike beating Santiago and I certainly didn't expect CH to go head first against Chap. That was the surprise of the week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT