ADVERTISEMENT

Fohi/Fontana Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelgray

Oct 8, 2014
Guys, this is my first and probably last time on this message board. I'm on because I've heard a lot of stuff about Fohi last week that seemed out of character for them and their head coach. I'm referring to the allegations of Coach Crump and his players being at Summits game last week and causing a ruckus. I can assure he was not there. I went straight to the source and was told he did not go to any game that weekend even though they had a bye. I also checked with a trusted friend on the Miller staff who verified Crump was not there. Yes, there was a afro-American Fohi coach there, but it was not Crump.
As for the players, let's face it, boys will be boys. It doesn't make it acceptable but we all know kids like to jaw jack and run their mouths.
Fontana has a rich history a rich history and the focus should be what's on the field, not off. As I've said this is my first time on this board. I have been on other boards in the past but found the format where people can say anything and hide behind nicknames not to my liking. As I said, I went straight to the source and asked Crump and he said he was not at Summit's games. I believe him. I would suggest anyone else that has a question give him a visit or call.

Thanks for the clarification, Rebelgray.

Welcome to the board; you're welcome to stick around. We don't feature personal attacks on this board and I think this topic has about run its course.

Tks for the info, like said earlier not sure who it was. Still not sure that coach should of lit a fire on oct 31 against fohi. For that as for that coach and His playes to laugh a kid getting hurt in front of his mom/sisters/dad and other parents was very low. No excuses can be gven for that. I can say personally im glad to hear is wasnt crump. Those fohi kids that were there were walking around like bullies that have never gotten into fight before. Ya kids will be kids i get that part. Well i to will let it rest cause it is a messageboard with peoples opinions. And yes a
i do want see a good respectable game on every friday night.

I am gonna let this go, but gotta get this out. Okay, coach not there, but who are we all blaming? What program and school? Kids are kids, but they are a reflection of the coach, school and program. My son goes to games when he can, but if he acts like a fool he will have me to deal with and coach second. Now, there was a coach there and that happened anyway because of now respect and definitely no discipline. There is talk of a fontana league? HELL NO! I will take my kids out and go elsewhere. too many problems because of coaches who cannot control their kids on and off the field. I appreciate letting us know that coach was not there but he was represented negatively so maybe he should have been there because his kids were making him look bad.

Coach has a job and is not to win at football, it is to help kids succeed and that means you teach discipline and respect. I have not heard of a kaiser kid causing issues at a game and if they did they would be gone. Fohi kids wore their football shirts and still acted that way SMDH! I know summit kids were at our game and so was their coach but were barely noticed. Problems with the coach last year and problems this year, get it right Fontana.

Kaiser @ fohi may not even be eventful other than the normal win when we stop the unstoppable offense, unless there is a guaranteed win coming from fohi to pump us up more?? but happy halloween fohi cause looks like you bout to get crapped on by a big skyhawk for laughing at there hurt player. I am done and out.

Coach has a job and is not to win at football, it is to help kids succeed and that means you teach discipline and respect.

You are wrong a Coaches job is to win football games. If he don't win he is usually fired. What is the parents job in your view?

You are totaly right 2gap, and the view posted is whats wrong with youth today, parents expecting someone else,teachers/coaches/society to raise their kids. Teachers teach a subject, coaches teach a game, society teaches life.

My favorite parents are the ones who say "the Coach screwed my son on a scholarship" only to find out the kid didn't have the grades. The parents don't like it when you tell them you didn't make sure your kid handled his business in the classroom. The crazy unaccountable Parents will then blame the Teacher's.

Originally posted by white n rite:
You are totaly right 2gap, and the view posted is whats wrong with youth today, parents expecting someone else,teachers/coaches/society to raise their kids. Teachers teach a subject, coaches teach a game, society teaches life.
2gaper - coach, good to see you back !

it all begins and ends at home, however, many kids come from broken homes, or where the father is non existent.
some kids are being raised by grandparents. I see it daily.
I usually find out real quick a kids situation. most of the time its just a phone call home.
I constantly remind the kids who being raised in a single household or by grandparents that they are already burdened and that said kid shouldn't be a burden to their parent / guardian. especially those being raised by grandparents. I remind them that their grandparents have already your raised parent and shouldn't have to raise you too, they've done their job, so stop being a PITA. that usually sinks in. life lessons, too, can be learned in the classroom.

2gaper, I concur with the parent 'trippin' on coaches. parents need to parent. pay attention, be involved, it only takes a few minutes a day to keep up with them. as long as my jr. is doing what he needs to do, we're cool, if not...his butt is in the sling and he knows it. for him to have substandard grades is unacceptable. right now he carries a 3.63 through his soph year. and at 1st qtr grades this year he has 4 A's and 2 B's, with one the B's at like at a 88.9. Again it starts and ends in the home. my kid is not a D1 athlete, but he'll be leading his peers and or coaching / training their kids. guarantee it.

Hi doctrk,
You know how many times I have heard the coach screwed my kid? I say I know the kid can play so get me his transcripts and I will see what I can do. Response, the school will not release them. Parents really expect us to by this BS. What was his SAT? "not sure".I get the single parent but that is not an excuse. Every kid in the United States has had someone show him the right way and someone show him the wrong way it is their decision.

That being said a kid that has a Father and Mother in the home has a much greater chance of achievement. This however is not a 100% all the time. We as coaches cannot give crutches and excuses to those less fortunate. We have to treat everyone equal.

C'mon man! Yes, we as parents must teach morals and values, but has to be reinforced at school. Coaches spend more time with their players than families during the season. My son comes home eats, finishes homework and goes to bed. I hear what you are saying but I am spoiled at Kaiser because we win and coaches have high expectations for player conduct. If you don't think that is important in Fontana then you are out of touch my brother or from chino hills. No blame but a lot of kids need help because parents are just trying to get by and feed their family.

You all post what should be and I am posting reality. Yes coach has to win but there are a lot of ways to win, but again I am fortunate to be at a great school that cares about kids from principal to coaches and it makes a difference.

C'mon man! Yes, we as parents must teach morals and values, but has to be reinforced at school. What if my morals and values differentiate from yours? Coaches spend more time with their players than families during the season. Then that is a you problem!

Sounds to me your High School Football Coach is raising your son? Here is reality. You are the father or mother of a child. Your #1 objective should be to create a productive member of society. Your #2 objective should be to push your son and daughter in the classroom. Your #3 objective should be maximum support in extracurricular activities.

If you apply the 3 objectives how will your child turnout?

Okay Ward Cleaver...How is the Beaver? My son is great and has been raised just fine, and will leave high school with a purpose and great role models to look up to! Now, you not having kids I see is your problem? I raise my child, but know they are in trusted with individuals to guide them when I am not there, not raise them as you put it. If you do have kids then they will be sheltered and shielded from the big bad world I assume! You definitely have no idea what is involved in having a child play a sport and take high level AP courses, which require time at school. But I guess your basic three objectives of being a parent will change my life! I will purchase bubble wrap and helicopter over my child so he can turn out like you coach! I would suggest you worry about staying relevant and post your parent coaching advice because football coaching days are gone right?

unkist Guru posted on 10/11/2014...
Okay Ward Cleaver...How is the Beaver? My son is great and has been raised just fine, and will leave high school with a purpose and great role models to look up to! Now, you not having kids I see is your problem? I raise my child, but know they are in trusted with individuals to guide them when I am not there, not raise them as you put it. If you do have kids then they will be sheltered and shielded from the big bad world I assume! You definitely have no idea what is involved in having a child play a sport and take high level AP courses, which require time at school. But I guess your basic three objectives of being a parent will change my life! I will purchase bubble wrap and helicopter over my child so he can turn out like you coach! I would suggest you worry about staying relevant and post your parent coaching advice because football coaching days are gone right?

What are you looking for from a Coaching and Administrative position?

2gaper, I concur with the parent 'trippin' on coaches. parents need to parent. pay attention, be involved, it only takes a few minutes a day to keep up with them. as long as my jr. is doing what he needs to do, we're cool, if not...his butt is in the sling and he knows it. for him to have substandard grades is unacceptable. right now he carries a 3.63 through his soph year. and at 1st qtr grades this year he has 4 A's and 2 B's, with one the B's at like at a 88.9. Again it starts and ends in the home. my kid is not a D1 athlete, but he'll be leading his peers and or coaching / training their kids. guarantee it.

Doc,
If your kid loves the game and wants to continue to play. There are a bunch of Division 1-AA and Division 2 schools that offer a quality education and lessen the $$ burden on Mom and Dad. Sadly Division 2 is out of state. If you are interested let me know. Division 1 is not the only answer.

I found what I am looking for at Kaiser, but you make it sound like I am not concerned about raising my own kid because I rely on coaches or principlas, which is not the case. I am saying that it is a partnership and it is working. My son will not play in college, but will be a better person from playing sports in high school. You seem to have answers about what should and should not, but you only want a coach to win and not worry about what it takes to make a team and that is a walkon not a teacher who connects on all levels with kids. Good luck , but we are happy and would not change a thing. Great thing is you will not be a part of any of it, except the losses against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT