ADVERTISEMENT

CIF San Diego Section Football Stories

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
Kyle Williams ready for 3rd season at Fallbrook High

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Fallbrook High School-Fallbrook, CA-Monday, August, 24, 2015-In his first year as head coach at Fallbrook High, the Warriors finished with a 3-8 record in 2013 but in his second season and for the first time in school history in 11 years Kyle Williams guided the Warriors to a 7-4 along with their first Valley League title in the first round was defeated in the CIF First Round San Diego Section playoffs by Granite Hills 38-7 on the Warriors home field. The last time Fallbrook had their last winning season was in 2003 where they won the Avocado League Title under former coach Dennis Houldren as they finished with a 10-4 record and were defeated in Qualcolm Stadium by Torrey Pines 7-3.

With a career record of 10-12 Coach Williams discussed his squad for 2015 "We had our first winning season for the first time in 11 years along with a Valley League title our players are confident and talented as we return a lot of starters who are solid seniors and talented kids who are juniors we feel as long as we're competitive we will play our best football this season the schools that we play are good there are no easy games for our squad as we need to play well in order for us to be successful."

"One of the talented backs the Warriors return in Parker Martin is a returning transfer back for us this year after his family was stationed in Alaska for the last 2 years is an runner for us he also ran a 4.6 in the 40 yard dash his speed is smooth and powerful."

"Up front the Warriors return 6'4" 250 pound sr and All Valley League football player and starts on both sides of the ball for us Colin Dowling." said Williams." At qb will be Jack Grantham, with a good arm for us and hope to counter our running game along with his ability to throw the ball which we didn't do." "With an array of backs who are looking to run and to score touchdowns we return James Nicholas a very explosive running back for us last season as he ran key plays for us and also doubles on the corners on whoever their best receiver is we also return James Nicholas and Isaac Maxwell is a 6'3" tight ends doubles as a defensive end for and is a strong down blocker but his hands are questionable we have to continue to make sure that he is punting the ball and receiving the ball we are not waste a play."

"Some teams to watch out for in the Valley League are Escondido as they put their game in the league as they suffered a lot of injuries last year and their record didn't reflect their talent level, San Pasqual 2 years ago played for the CIF Division I finals they are going to be good Valley Center has won 4 or 6 CIF Championships in the last 11 years those three teams that we have to battle every week it is going to be close and competitive you can't disregard Orange Glen they have won 6 games last year outside of the conference their improving which helps their kids every game for us is going to be difficult."

"We open up against Westview High School which is a very talented team they are a bigger division then what we are they are big up front on both sides of the ball they have skilled and big receivers their qb is athletic they don't want to try to throw the ball far down the field but they are more of an intermediate passing game they want to hammer the ball with their backs and want their athletic quarterback to run the ball we feel like on defense where we can stop the run don't give up any plays."

"Our offense runs the Wing T formation it started I was a defensive coordinator for 16 years the team that I had most respect in the county was Torrey Pines they run the wing t they made me study that offensive play as I knew someday we are going to run the Wing T this offensive formation has so many elements which is power football and you can go outside look for the action pass it is a do what you want offense as long as you stick with the rules it is the offense that Fallbrook used to run in the early 2000's when we had good years when they won their last title in 2003 and when I got the job as head coach this school is built for the Wing T we wanted to get get rid of the spread offense the Wing T offense fits our guys as our school had tried to run we are not going to be the biggest team on the field we are going to be the most conditioned and the most athletic we want to fire our offensive on all cylinders in the 4th quarter."

4 touchdown passes by Max Schiffer paces Oceanside in win under new head Coach Dave Rodriguez

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Excalibur Field-San Marcos High School-San Marcos, CA: After 24 years head coach John Carroll announced his retirement and finished with a career record of 224 wins 70 losses and 6 ties along with a lot of sectional titles along with 2 state titles added to his credentials after 8 years as an assistant coach Dave Rodriguez was named the new head coach of the Pirates and made his debut along with jr quarterback Max Shufer who pulled some tricks out of the rabbits hat after trailing 3-0 on a Miles Liss 33 yard field goal completed 1 pass for 15 yards to wide receiver Dai Quan Cook to take a 7-3 halftime. In the 3rd quarter the Knights of San Marcos struck back in the 3rd quarter as Ty Rogers as he carried the ball 14 times for 50 yards scored a touchdown run of 3 yards to take a 7-3 lead.

Dave Rodriguez on his debut as head coach: "It's a great team win for Oceanside Pirate football our kids played their hearts out at first it was a tight game that went nip and tuck but some way some how a Pirate makes a play I was very proud as our kids believe that we instill it in them every single day they delivered tonight I'm proud of that." "Tyler Schiffer made his debut and for a while had a shaky start then he made adjustments and settled down as he let the game come for him and the numbers speak for themselves as he performed well." "Dyllan Mack my running back ran well as our kids to the right and to the left to the strength of their team they lean on one another before that the effort is for the offensive line up front great game plan with Coach Girardi with the run game and keeping those chains moving and gave us a chance to be successful on defense as my defensive coordinator put up a special game plan to stop the run and the pass as I stay out of their way it is the responsibility of my defensive coordinator as he helped the kids put good pressure up front and our defensive coverage was outstanding we won on the turnovers our defense really stepped up tonight we will enjoy and the rest of the week we go back to work as we prepare for Eastside Catholic they are a national program we will be excited to test ourselves against one of the best teams in the United States"

QB Max Shiffer 10 completions out of 24 attempts for 237 yards threw 3 more touchdown passes 2 to Taj Apadaca for 36 yards (Apadaca 5 receptions for 83 yards)and 1 to Jake Gerardi for 14 yards (Gerardi 5 touchdowns for 83 yards)

"San Marcos is a good team they played well and gave us a battle and it was a hard fought game." said Tyler Shiffer qb of the Pirates. "I'm glad we came out with the win after trailing 10-7 early in the third quarter on my first pass of 18 yards to Dai Quan Cook was a play that I used as San Marcos Terrell Burgess battled well on defense, the play was there and we got it done." "On the 2 36 yard passes to Taj Apadaca it was the same rout that I didn't throw on time but I'm glad that he was there and we executed the play very well for the my last touchdown pass to Jake Gerardi of 14 yards it was a goal line play their safety was playing on the opposite side of the field a free snap I knew that touchdown play was coming."

With the win the Oceanside Pirates improve to 1-0 and will host Eastside Catholic out of Sammmish, WA the defending state football champions in a Friday 8:00 pm Honor Bowl contest at Oceanside High School. San Marcos 0-1 will host Chula Vista on Friday, September 2 at home.

For the Knights of San Marcos qb Bryce Bollen 20 completions out of 35 attempts with 2 interceptions for 245 yards. Terrell Burgess 5 receptions for 94 yards and Hoby Teets 4 receptions for 63 yards.

Last edited:
BJ Thank you for the suggestions and this is my first time of covering California High School Football. I had moved from Delaware in January of 2015 after my father had passed away and if you know of the other websites besides the other 2 please feel free to let me know and help me out. Take care and have a good week. DAW

Head Football Coach Joe Early Ready for 14th Season at Palomar Community College

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Wednesday, September 2, 2015-Palomar College-San Marcos, CA-With a career record of 82-57 win and ready to start his 14th season as football coach of Palomar Junior College along with other credentials of in 2009 where he finished his record at 10-3 along with a championship round of the Southern California Community College Championship game and finished 8th in the JC Grid Wire rankings.

During his playing days with the Comets in the opening game of 1979 season where he returned the third longest kickoff return of 98 yards where Palomar defeated Orange Coast by a 36-21 score. After his playing days he has been involved with the football team where he's held different assistant coaching positions.

The Comets have a lot of questions to be answered as they open up their 2015 season at Citrus Community College

Head coach Joe Early on his team "I like the energy and the atmosphere were very athletic so is everyone else is that we have been playing I'll know a little more about these guys on Sunday."

About the team in general: "Back from 2014 offensive side of the ball we have a couple of lineman back Mike Stevens from Vahalla High School and Charlie Stevens from Poway High School is out with an injury right now we have on defense we return Hunter Moore who will anchor one side along with Arnold Voa who was a 2014 redshirt and JJ Tahale at the linebacker slots in the secondary we are very young we lost 2 all conference players last season were athletic and they are going to do a good job."

Quarterbacks "I feel that we have 3 good qb's anyone can play Tofi PaoPao out of Oceanside will be the starting qb on Saturday as in my son Austin Early and teammate Risaiah Busunto we have to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. We feel good about having those three quarterbacks and be ready for Saturday."

Running Game: "The running game is going to be important where we have to control the clock be physical up front and any good football team can run we have to be concerned but we will mix up some plays a little bit but when it's time to run the ball will add some plays. " At running back we have Diviante Sells from Rancho Buena Vista High along with Garrett Fiehler who redshirted and he is back this year a new person that we have is Jacob Bedford, Sean Cameron if he can get his eligibility squared away there are 6 or 7 running back that can play for us right now we have to way to see how things go academically."

Defense: "Our defense is all new with the exception of Wayne Gannon he returns from last year for our receivers and tight ends we lost L J Bailey who is playing with the Idaho Vandals and David Nolan who is a punt returner at Baker University

Tight Ends: "Our tight ends are all new as we have Tyree Burton who played both at TE and DE last year is back at tight end again we have Robert Ursua who came back from the military." " Last year we have a 6'7" Fallbrook athlete in Jake Johnson who came to us as a quarterback and he redshirted and has improved his skills with his size when he put some weight on his bones he will get an opportunity to play for our squad."

Prepare for opener: "We have one more high tempo practice tomorrow along with game situations if we get through that in a positive manner we have our exam on Saturday we are ready for Citrus College."

Bryce Olivio's 2 touchdown runs pace Fallbrook High to 47-0 win over Serra

-By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Friday, September 4, 2015-Warriors Stadium-Fallbrook High School-After a 28-7 lost at Westview High School in San Diego last Friday things went the Warriors way as they displayed their Wing T formation as in Tubby Raymond who used to coach the University of Delaware Blue Hens would always run that play on 2 touchdown runs by Fallbrook running back Bryce Olivio as he scored 2 touchdown runs of 14 and 3 yards and contributed with 24 carries for 243 yards as they defeated Serra High School from San Diego by a 47-0 score.

Kyle Williams on his Warriors performance: "We knew that we made some adjustments tonight after last week's 28-7 lost at Westview High School in San Diego." " I relinquished the quick calling defensive duties tonight and our defense was overwhelming on making a lot of key tackles and we bought back 2 former offensive coordinators to co coordinate from the press box." "Today our offense picked up the tempo and were successful tonight, last week when we played Westview where we lost 28-7 QB Jack Grantham scored the only touchdown for us on a quarterback sneak in the fourth quarter but just like tonight Bryce Olivio is our bread and butter ball carrier as he contributed on our offense early in the game he got our squad on the perimeter as the game went on." "Parker Martin is the only kid on our squad that doesn't play both ways he is a transfer back to us trying to get back into shape to run on our offense but I was happy with his performance tonight." "Jack Grantham my QB did a lot better at throwing the ball tonight this year we struggled with protection last week vs. Westview and he did some good things tonight along with some play action passes." "Our defense stepped and played well in a high caliber team in Westview but we had three back plays that led to our opponent going up 21-0 on some 3 back plays that shouldn't have happened we could correct our mistakes and improve in the secondary I feel will get better as the season goes on We play LaJolla and won 55-52 at our place last year we are expecting a high scoring shootout."

Other Warriors scoring touchdowns were Taylor Padilla 2 carries for 11 yards along with a 1 yard touchdown run of 12 yards, Parker Martin 6 carries for 32 yards along with a 1 yard touchdown run of 3 yards James Nicholas 8 carries for 48 yards scored on a 8 yard touchdown run Nahshon Hagen 6 carries for 60 yards scored on a 1 touchdown run of 36 yards 1 safety for 2 points and a Joe Bishop 31 yard field goal.

QB passing for Fallbrook Jack Grantham 3 completions out of 9 attempts for 76 yards and for Serra Jack Bradley 18 completions out of 34 attempts for 143 yards

The Fallbrook Warriors improve to 1-1 on the season as they will take on LaJolla High next Friday at 7:00 pm.

Anthony Catalano and University of Arizona bound JJ Taylor paces Centennial to a 52-13 win over Serra-By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Oceanside High School-Oceanside, CA: In the last game of The Honor Bowl JJ Taylor's (15 carries for 143 yards) and scored on 3 touchdown runs 2 of 1 yard each and 1 run for 39 yards along with quarterback Anthony Catalano (13 carries for 78 yards) scored on a 1 yard touchdown run and passed (11 completions out of 18 attempts for 111 yards) and threw a touchdown run of 3 yards to Cameron Jackson paced the Huskies of Centennial High School at 2-0 to a 52-13 win over the Cavaliers of Serra High School.

Arizona bound JJ Taylor: "It was a team performance today give a lot of credit to my offensive line and my quarterback for blocking me they made the run the ranking doesn't matter to me we are going to play the way we play

For Serra at 1-1 Jelani Eason (21 completions out of 34 attempts for 238 yards) threw 2 touchdown passes of 75 yards to Isaiah Thomas Diego (9 reception for 84 yards) and to Brandon Burton (4 receptions for 106 yards) scored on a 75 yards.

Austin Early Head Coaches son paces Palomar Opens Season with 24-14 win over Citrus College

For 14 years in a row head coach Joe Early registered his opening win but with the help of his son Austin who had split for playing time at qb as he went 7 completions out of 8 attempts for 101 yards threw a touchdown pass of 23 yards to Tiree Burton paced the Comets of Palomar College to a 24-14 opening win over Citrus College.

Other Palomar performers; Reggie Wilson connected on a 39 yard field goal Garrett Fiehler recovered a fumble in the end zone and Diviante Sayles 24 carries for 61 yards scored on a touchdown run of scored on a touchdown run of 3 yards.

For Citrus College, Bryan Meyette passed 32 completions out of 52 attempts for 344 yards and threw 2 touchdown passes of 66 yards to Andre Long (5 receptions for 95 yards) and 1 touchdown pass of 26 yards to Gino Mastreneda (2 completions for 50 yards)

Matt Salazar's 2 key touchdown passes paces Rancho Bernardo in win over Vista

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Vista High School-Vista, CA: The Broncos of Rancho Bernardo improve their record to 3-0 on 3 field goals by Matt Ariza of 25, 31 and 35 yards along with Mark Salazar's 17 completions out of 24 attempts for 126 yards threw touchdown passes of 27 to Malcolm Grice, 37 yards to Leo Wagner paced the Broncos of Rancho Bernardo to a 37-6 win over the Panthers of Vista High School at 1-2. Malcolm Grice led in rushing 11 carries for 54 yards. Keulia Pistano scored on a 2 yard run and Ray Velasquez returned a fumbled punt for 11 yards.

Head Football Coach Tristan McCoy: "We came down in preparation and hard enough for us to prepare for Vista as I have a great deal of respect for their program they played hard and physical. "After last week as we turned the page as our guys had an amazing test against these Panthers from day one this is a going to be a physical battle and we prepared like it is a playoff game I am glad with the effort and on the offensive side we have to fix some issues myself as a coach I am happy."

Vista's only touchdown came as Abraham Lopez 7 carries for 48 yards scored on a 1 yard run.

PC awakens, plays LBCC tough last 3 quarters

ESCONDIDO (9-12-2015) -- Palomar did everything it could to continually shoot itself in the foot in the first quarter, climbed back into the game over the last three periods but dropped a sloppy 27-17 decision to nationally 10th-ranked Long Beach City College on Saturday evening at Wilson Stadium.

The Comets saw their record dip to 1-1 in the non-conference match-up. The Vikings, who also came in ranked No. 4 in the state, upped their record to 2-0.

Palomar couldn't have created more problems for itself than it did in falling behind 20-0 after one quarter. On their first three plays from scrimmage, they turned the ball over three times on bad center snaps / mishandled snaps out of their spread offense. Various penalties and further breakdowns also played into Long Beach's hands as the Vikings jumped out to a 20-0 lead on a field goal, a 28-yard touchdown pass, a 1-yard TD run and another field goal.

The Comets appeared to get back into the game after trailing 10-0, as Davante Sayles broke off an apparent 68-yard touchdown run. But the play was brought back due to a holding call back at the line of scrimmage.

Getting a big effort from its defensive unit, Palomar outscored the visitors 17-7 over the last three quarters, 14-0 in the fourth quarter.

Reggie Wilson got the Comets on the board with 23 seconds left in the second quarter on a 31-yard field goal, making it 20-3 at the half. After LBCC tacked on a touchdown pass to lead 27-3 after three quarters, Palomar rebounded for 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter on two Risaiah Bursurto TD passes, a 20-yarder to Cameron Calhoun and a 10-yarder to Evan Gray, and a two-point convrsion pass from Bursurto to Jaron Locke.

The Comets almost did more in the fourth quarter than just get back in the game. But Busurto's 63-yard run on a keeper which would have given them a first-and-goal at the 1-yard line was also nullified by a penalty at the line of scrimmage, and two passes into the end zone fell barely incomplete.

By this time Palomar had completely turned the momentum around, with Long Beach losing its composure and piling up 234 yards in penalties for the game. The teams combined for 331 penalty yards between them.

Also for the Comets, Austin Early had an 81-yard run, Shawn Cameron contributed four kickoffs for 94 yardsand Wayne Ganan returned three punts for 64 yards. Michael Prayer and Abdullah Webster intercepted passes. J.D. Fox recorded a sack, and Arnold Voa had two tackles for loss.

The Comets, who are attempting to overcome a series of injuries on the offensive line, will be back in action in another non-conference game next Saturday at 6 p.m. when they host resurgent San Diego Mesa, which advanced to 2-0 Saturday night by beating Los Angeles Southwest.

Oceanside defeats San Pasqual 30-8

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-John Carroll Stadium-Simcox Field-After an 8-0 first quarter deficit on a fumble recovery in the end zone by San Pasqual’s Justin Pavloff the Pirates of Oceanside continued their winning ways as quarterback Rob Beardsley 5 completions out of 13 attempts for 59 yards threw 2 touchdown passes of 10 yards to Azizi Jordan and 27 yards to Ronan Ivanovich along with a 2 point safety to take a 16-8 lead.

The Eagles fumbled the ball as Oceanside’s Jake Gerardi recovered and ran 64 yards for another touchdown and running back Nikeo Mageo’s 19 carries for 148 yards scored on a 4 yard touchdown run as they defeated the 1-2 Eagles of San Pasqual by a 30-8 score to improve their record to 3-1.

Oceanside High School Head Football Coach Dave Rodriguez on the win: “Our respect to head Coach Dave Corley and his staff as they prepare squad ready to play football.” “As a coach I feel I have to do a better job at preparing our squad to get ready to play football right out of the gate as our staff have settled down, the kids did their assignments and every week it will be different but I’m proud of our kids helping one another our and to find a way on how improve every week as we are proud to be 3-1 on the season.” “Rob Beardsle’s 2 touchdown passes as he pulled the trigger to put us up at that point were now playing where Pirate Football should be.” “Jake Gerardi did well on the scoop and score which is all of his hard work he does so many responsibilities for us when he had the opportunity as he ran 40 yard and 100 yard dashes he has helped our squad a lot.”

For the Eagles at San Pasqual qb Aldair Valle led with 14 carries for 44 yards.

Reactions: simidave
Chris Brown and Beau Gallagos sparks undefeated El Camino in win over Fallbrook-Herb Meyer Stadium-El Camino High School-Oceanside,CA-Friday, September 25, 2015: The El Camino Wildcats ranked 5th in the San Diego CIF Division improves their record to 4-0 as they defeated the 2-3 Warriors of Fallbrook HIgh by a 13-6 score.

The Wildcats scored their points in the first half as running back Chris Brown 11 carries for 76 yards along with qb Beau Gallagos 7 completions out of 19 attempts for 53 threw a 16 yard pass to Dhante Hill Aris Jackson carries the ball 10 times for 78 yards.

Kyle Williams Head Football Coach at Fallbrook High School: “I don’t know how I feel right now we just finished playing El Camino, the 5th ranked team in the county, their defense is one of the best along with solid athletes we knew that we had a chance to play with them it would be a low scoring football game.” We recovered 4 or 5 fumbles and we are proud as our squad came here to win and knew its going to be a battle as we started well on the opening drives they were able to adjust when we had the ball on the 2 and couldn’t get in and score but in the red zone in both the 3rd and 4th quarter our squad had negative plays and penalties which started to hurt us a bit.”

“Beau Gallagos threw the ball well and their offense is physical and explosive as we had to got to their guys our defense stopped them on the ground in the second half we wanted to make them throw on 3rd and long so we can get our dime package on them for them to throw the ball which is a bit our game plan which was successful for the most part.” “Bryce Olivos (11 carries for 30 yards tonight) leads our squad in touchdowns and he scored 6 td’s and is the workhorse for our squad. ”

” Antonio Gomez made his 2nd start in a row after the injury to starting qb Jack Grantham our starting qb and should be back from an injury for the Escondido (Gomez)has played well and is a great faker we exploited their man coverage too many times and had to take our changes and turnovers which hurt us a lot.”

Fallbrook scored their points in the 3rd and 4th quarter as Joe Bishop connected on field goals of 41 and 24.

El Camino will take on San Pasqual High School on the road next Friday while Fallbrook will have a bye week on October 1st.

Grossmont's late touchdown pass of 74 yards defeats Poway 20-13

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Poway High School, Poway, CA-10-2-15-In a hard foot battle that was held at Poway High School the Foothillers of Grossmont High School improve their record to 5-0 on the season as they defeated the Poway Titans at 3-3 by a 20-13 score before a
homecoming crowd looked on.

The Foothillers came back after trailing 7-0 on Jacob Gaines (21 carries for 135 yards) 10 yard touchdown run tied the contest at 7-7 as quarterback Hunter Gaines 19 completions out of 35 attempts with 1 interception for 219 yards threw a 1 yard pass to Khaleel Davis with the PAT good.
In the fourth quarter, The Titans took the lead at 13-7 as qb Rob Sullivan scored on a 1 yard touchdown run with the PAT Blocked. The Foothillers came back as qb Hunter Gaines scored on an 21 yard touchdown with the PAT blocked tied the game at 13-13.
With 5:00 left in the game the Foothillers pulled out a bag of tricks as James Mackey threw a 74 yard halfback pass to Khaleel Davis with Brittany Huff's PAT Good which made the final score 20-13 in favor of Grossmont.
Grossmont Head Coach Tom Karlo: "For Poway to be at 3-3 is very tough after they have lost to 2 undefeated teams we were underdog coming in the contest tonight our kids fought hard for the win." "On the 74 yard touchdown play for the score, we used a variety of trick plays our arsenal was our running back was trying to work on a sweep and he threw the long pass to Khaleel Davis we have a ton of those we wanted to run them took some chances and did various plays and it worked out for us."
"Everyone has keyed in on running back Jake Harr right now he is a good kid and we have a lot of good players on the offensive line everytime when we feed him the ball he caught a few passes and does it all and for us our defense played lights out they are unbelieveable guys to hold Poway to a 13 is very impressive. "
The Grossmont Foothillers will take on El Capitan in Lakeside, CA on Friday, October 9, 2015 while the Titans of Poway will host Mt. Carmel on Friday, October 16, 2015

Jake Newman’s 4 touchdowns pace Valley Center 4-3 overall and 1-1 in the Valley League in 32-21 win over Fallbrook in Valley League Game

By David A. Willauer-Fallbrook High School-Fallbrook, CA-10-16-15: In a Valley League Football game on a Teachers and Staff night in Warriors Stadium the Valley Center Jaguars stole the spotlight behind the outstanding running performance of Jake Newman as he carried the ball 41 times for 231 yards scored two touchdown runs of 2 yards each along with an 8 yarder and a 35 yarder and field goal kicker Rod Rodriguez connected on field goals of 35 and 37 yards as they defeated Fallbrook at 3-4, 1-1 in conference play by a 32-21 score.

QB Rhett Riley 8 completions out of 17 attempts for 58 yards for Valley Center.

Kyle Williams Fallbrook Head Football Coach: “I thought our kids went hard and played a competitive Valley Center football squad, they have a good football tradition and we knew that we were in for a battle.” “We made too many mistakes on defense but on offense we had more explosive plays and had a chance to score at the end of the first half.” “Everytime the ball gets in our possession that we had by the time we had the ball we missed a field goal before the end we were down by 9 points at the half we came back and scored and gave up a late touchdown on 3rd and long we were in a defensive package called the bunch formation on that play is where we shift out of the zone and had to stop the coral route our guys didn’t cover the play which is a blown coverage and on first and goal for Valley Center instead of kicking the field goal they made good offensive plays as our defense made too many mistakes but the kids have to learn from their errors.” “Our goal is to get a share of the Valley League title and also to make the CIF Football Playoffs as Valley Center is a CIF Division III team and that was our second round game that we would have played and for us to be successful we have to win the games.”

“Jake Newman of Valley Center with 231 yards rushing is a good player and is a vertical runner as his legs go plowing he broke a lot of tackles and their offensive line is big up front just in case we missed some tackles at the line of scrimmage he broke into the secondary and he is fast.” “JP Nichols ran the ball well for us tonight as we ran the trap all night that is when you play offense we had some explosive plays tonight.” ” My quarterback Jack Grantham was out for 2 games with a broken wrist he threw 2 touchdown passes last week in our 42-7 win over Escondido it is something that we need to do is to work on our blocking schemes better we will improve our offense that we need to do to and that is for us to do it in practice to get better.”

For the Warriors James Nichols had 11 carries for 162 yards scored touchdown runs of 30, 68 yards while qb Jack Grantham 4 completions out of 8 attempts for 57 yards and threw a 23 yard touchdown pass to Parker Martin (1 reception for 23 yards).

5 players Spark Fallbrook in homecoming win over Orange Glen

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-10-30-15-Warriors Stadium-Fallbrook High School-Fallbrook, CA-In tonight's homecoming contest tonights Halloween Title was called "Nightmare on Warrior Way" but the Warriors of Fallbrook at 5-4 overall and 3-1 in the Valley League found out a way to win and they did as they defeated the Patriots of Orange Glen by a 69-7 score.

Parker Martin (2 carries for 69 yards) ran touchdown runs of 66, 3 yards each and caught a pass of 37 yards from QB Jack Grantham (1 completion out of 1 attempt for 37 yards) Jamie Nichols 1 reception for 15 yards) scored on a 15 yard run Nahshon Hagen ran a interception for 25 yards for a touchdown Jack Henenberg (5 carries for 92) scored touchdown runs of 4, 1 and 73 yards. Mark Lindsay (9 carries for 73 yards) scored 2 touchdown runs of 31 and 14 yards.

Falbrook Head Football Coach Kyle Williams on the win vs. Orange Glen: "We played for a share of the league title tonight our kids were hungry after last weeks 21-0 win over San Pasqual, our squad played with great energy and toughness as they knew how to play together as a football team they came out tonight thinking it wasn't about the opponent it's all about us and we won 2 games in a row as I challenged our kids to be the storm." " Early in the game we had to take any hope out of their minds an tonight we did that by scoring on the second." "Our defense came up with 2 interceptions one of them went for a touchdown and we had a punt return down to the 1 yard line with lot of things that has set us up for the victory we were proud and happy for our guys like Josh Hennenberg, Gino Yslas, Michael Lindsay, those individuals don't carry the ball very much for us but they have a lot of expectations with the reserves in the game and I'm proud of their performance as in Parker Martin as he has contributed for us in the first half we're trying to not run the score up but had to slow things down in the second half we can't help it if we run basic plays but it is wonderful to get him back as he is a transfer from Alaska a huge spark plug for our football team he has done well for us."

"Our next opponent is Del Norte has defeated us 3 years in a row it has been very close games but I haven't seen them on film as of yet but will find out after I look at it on Saturday."

Orange Glen's 4-5 only touchdown came in he 4th quarter as quarterback Blaine Berry (5 completions out of 14 attempts for 115 yards) threw an 85 yard pass to Ty Dixon with the PAT good by Ray Poultsey.

Adam Vance Sparks Golden West in win over Palomar
--

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Chick Embry Field at Wilson Stadium-Escondido High School-Escondido, CA: In a key Southern California Football Conference showdown the Rustlers of Golden West College improve their record to 8-0 overall and 4-0 in conference play came back from a 21-21 tie as qb Adam Vance 16 completions out of 24 attempts for 335 yards threw 2 fourth quarter touchdown passes of 42 yards to Jordan Veasy (6 receptions for 168 yards) and 57 to Dennis Sansom (1 reception for 57 yards) as they defeated the Comets of Palomar College at 3-5 overall and 1-3 in the conference by a 34-21 score.

Other Rustler performers Johnny Hills 14 carries 24 scored touchdown run of 1 yard, qb Nick Stennard scored on 1 touchdown run of 1 yard and 1 completion out of 4 attempts for 27 threw 1 touchdown pass to Jordan Veasy for 27 yards.

Joe Early Palomar Head Football Coach on the defeat: “We had opportunities to score but didn’t take advantage of them, we had a turnover to start the third quarter, offensively we did a good job and came away with no points despite missing the field goal.” “The back breaker was that we had the ball which was on our back end which was the difference in the game but I like the effort in how our squad has played but it wasn’t good enough.” “Austin Early played well for us but we needed to clean up and correct but we will evaluate the kids as we watch the film tomorrow as will prepare for Fullerton College next Saturday.”

“Fullerton College is a physical strong football squad as they lost a tough game to Saddleback tonight but we host them at home which will be a challenge for us but we have to rise, adjust and adapt.”

For the Comets of Palomar, Daviante Sales carried the ball 18 times for 100 yards, Austin Early 35 completions out of 48 attempts for 353 threw 3 touchdown passes of 15 and 6 yards to Wayne Ganan (10 receptions for 106 yards) and connected to Lamont Chaney for 22 yards.

The Comets will host Fullerton College 5-4 overall and 2-3 in conference play at Escondido High School kickoff is at 1:00 pm

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-John Carroll Stadium-Oceanside High School-Oceanside, CA: Rob Beardsley dazzled the crowd with his passing ability as he recorded 8 completions out of 14 attempts for 198 yards and threw 2 touchdown passes of 27 yards to Roman Ivanovich and 74 yards to Taj Apodaca to pace the Pirates of Oceanside at 6-4 to a 29-7 win in the 108th meeting of this historic football rivalry.

Other Pirate performers: Anthony Martinez 5 carries for 62 yards scored touchdown runs of 2 yards Nico Mangio 15 carries for 85 yards scored a touchdown run of 1 yard and Jake Gerardi's 45 yard field goal for the other scores.

First year head coach Dave Rodriguez: "I'm proud of our kids and proud of this city the school and the alumni as everyone came out and watched a good incredible Pirate tradition give credit to an incredible coaching staff that put together an outstanding game plan which isn't easy to play El Camino as I give all my respect to Coach Roberts of El Camino and his staff in a well fought game and we came out on top." "We play for the Coach Herb Meyer trophy and we get to keep it for another 365 days hopefully we will keep it for another year, our defensive staff came up with a game plan they invaded our territory as I'm proud of our kids on a good performance." "QB Rob Beardsley threw 2 good passes today this is an expression of the play that we ran in practice but tonight the moment came and Rob made the correct read on a receiver as they made great catches with the ball as we expect them to and they did the play well." For the CIF playoffs we will find out tomorrow morning on the CIF website on who we might play either in the Open Division or go to Division I, I am proud of the Pirates to play in the football playoffs we had our ups and downs battled injuries and we played our rival El Camino tonight."

The Wildcats at 5-5 scored their only touchdown in the 4th quarter as Tami Tai threw a 33 yards to Dante Dreisbach with the PAT Good.

The Wildcats lead this series 61-43-4 ties.

Parker Martin paces Fallbrook High in 1st CIF Football Win in School History
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Editor-Warriors Stadium-Fallbrook High School-Fallbrook, CA-For the first time under 3rd year head coach Kyle Williams as he carries a 15-15 career record after tonight’s contest, in his first year it was a 2-9 rebuilding year to a 6-4 winning record in 2014 and made their first CIF State playoff record where they were defeated at home by a 38-7 vs. Granite Hills but tonight the Warriors made history as registered their first CIF Division III win their first win in 12 year history of the Football Program since 2003 under former coach Dennis Houlihan where he led the Warriors in the CIF championship round at Qualcolm Stadium were defeated by Torrey Pines by a 7-3 score, but tonight they defeated the 5-6 Lancers of Hilltop High School by a 46-6 score as running back Parker Martin put on a running performance and carried the ball 12 times for 196 yards along with 3 touchdown runs of 98, 10 and 38 yards. Bryce Olivo 9 carries for 71 yards and scored 1 touchdown run of 27 years, Josh Hennenberg 8 carries for 48 yards scored 1 touchdown run of 12 yards. Jack Grantham 5 completions out of 6 attempts for 80 yards and 1 interception threw 2 touchdown passes of 5 yards to Kobe Stallings (3 receptions for 53 yards) and Nahshon Hagan 1 reception for 22 yards 1 touchdown run of 22.

Kyle Williams Fallbrook Head Football Coach: “It was good to register our first playoff win in 12 years in the history of our program since 2003 which was good for the kids coming in with a win vs. Hilltop and have 7 wins this year as we have a chance in the Division III playoffs after we lost last year after registering a bye in the second round to Granite Hills 38-7 so far we look forward to playing 2nd ranked Mission Bay” “We’ve won 5 of the last 6 games along with playing a difficult non conference schedule in the first five games and 3 of them are ranked in the top ten that are on our schedule which has helped us improve a lot as we learned from our mistakes.” “Parker Martin is a heck of a back we knew that we could run the Buck Sweep against Hilltop we ran in a lot tonight and I give credit to the offensive line as they blocked well and left open holes to have big runs .” “My QB Jack Grantham doesn’t throw a lot but on the 2 touchdown passes he made the right calls which is working out for us.” “Mission Bay is very athletic ball club they were 8-0 and have lost 2 games in a row.”

The Lancers scored their only touchdown in the 3rd quarter as Angel Pineda 18 carries for 46 yards scored on a touchdown run of 4 yards.

With the win the Warriors take a 7-4 record to next Friday’s win at Mission Bay High School game time is 7:00 pm.

Last edited:
Chris Brown's 2 touchdowns paces El Camino in win over Steele Canyon

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Editor-Herb Meyer Stadium-El Camino High School-Oceanside, CA-Friday, with a 7-5 record, in 2014 defeated Steel Canyon in a quarter final 33-31 win over Steel Canyon and a semi final 14-7 loss St. Augustine, things went the Wildcats way on Chris Brown's 10 carries for 109 yards scored 2 touchdown runs of 27 and 37 and qb Beau Gallagos 6 completions out of 13 attempts with 1 interception for 67 yards scored threw a 14 yard pass to Aris Jackson. Spencer Katoanza scored on a 1 yard run as they defeated Steele Canyon.

John Roberts 2nd year football coach at El Camino: "Tonight's win was a big win for tonight and for the whole town of Oceanside and Steel Canyon has a quality football program ." "We did our duties tonight as we battled injuries Chris Brown my running back did well with his legs as he kept on running with the help of the offensive line." Our defense was outstanding for the most part of the game as they gave up 2 outstanding plays had a little soft coverage our kids tackled well and they are ready to play football against our rival Oceanside" "Spencer Katoznaza for the last 2 weeks has done well and our offensive line which has helped block for him has done his responsibilities well we have to change Oceanside and we have to prepare and for the finals to be different next time in the CIF Division I Section Tournament."

Steele Canyon at 8-5 scorers were qb Thomas Fishburn 6 completions out of 16 attempts for 132 yards threw 2 touchdown passes, a 12 yarder to Alex Ramas and a 46 yarder to NY Johnson with the 2 point conversion which was good. Alex Ramas contributed with a 31 yard field goal.

El Camino will play Oceanside at Southwestern Junior College at 7:30 on Friday December 4th, 2015 in a CIF Section Division I Final

Dave Rodriguez wins first CIF San Diego Section Title by defeating El Camino

By David A Willauer-Contributing Writer-Southwestern College-Friday, December 4th 2015-Chula Vista, CA- After a 21-0 Oceanside win at John Carroll Stadium for the Herb Meyer Trophy is what rivalry football is all about (Lehigh vs. Lafayette 151st meeting of college football's most played rivalry) and for the first time since 1991 CIF Section Football Title as Oceanside defeated El Camino 63-27 met for the second time in this year but the game was a little different after the Pirates led 3-0 on a Jake Gerardi 23 yard field, the Wildcats took their first lead of the game as QB Beau Gallagos 4 completions out of 6 attempts for 31 yards threw a 23 yard pass to Chris Brown (Led the Wildcats with 12 carries for 33 yards and 1 reception for 23 yards) took their first lead of the game at 7-3.

The Pirates came back as qb Rob Beardsley scored on a 1 yard run and threw a 13 yard touchdown pass to Isiah Pao Pao to go up 17-3 at the half (8 completions out of 13 attempts for 85 yards) took a 17-7 halftime lead. The Wildcats came back in the third quarter as Jaden Casey scored on a 3 yard run to go within 17-14.

In the fourth quarter Nick Mageo 10 carries for 19 yards scored on a 1 yard run with the pat no good. Tevin Meadows led the Pirates 17 carries 85 yards. For Head Coach Dave Rodriguez this is his first CIF Section Division I title.

Dave Rodriguez Head Football Coach at Oceanside High School on the win: "Tonight I was proud for the win I helped every kid and all other coaches, our community along with the Pirate Tradition of Football to win my first CIF title it takes a lot of hard work and dedication." "I know there were bumps and bruises tonight, we are going to take 24 hours to celebrate for a bit and then it is back to work on Monday after who we play on Sunday." "All of my heart goes to El Camino and to head coach John Roberts they played their hearts out tonight but we have enough plays in and out also made mistakes at times this is a lot of sacrifice for my family to pursue this dream and to take a chance and for my administration." "I feel great for the blessing that I have been given as I'm going to enjoy this win tonight." "Rob Beardsley was up and down today which it isn't easy for him playing his first title game he contributed after his teammates picked him up and they answered, Niko is a warrior and we worked our way forward as Niko put the icing on the cake and it was good for our club today. "

Oceanside and El Camino Footnotes:

John Carroll who retired from Oceanside after 24 years as head football coach 248-75-6 career record won 13 San Diego Section Titles and 2 football state CIF Titles.

Oceanside defeated El Camino 9 times in regular games and 2 times in the CIF Section final.

This is El Camino's 10th trip to the finals 7-3. First Appearance since 1993 in Division II.

Both of these schools met since 1976 where the series is 20-20 Oceanside has made their 23rd appearance in CIF Section final record now is 16-7.

Oceanside has made their 12th appearance in CIF section finals since 2004 and now are 10-2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT