ADVERTISEMENT

CIF Division IV San Diego Section Game

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
Anthony Thomas 2 run homer paces Fallbrook Warriors to 2-1 win
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Oceanside High School-Oceanside, CA-5-24-22: In a Division IV top bracket round of the 2022 CIF Section Baseball the surprising 5th seed Warriors of Fallbrook at 19-14 knows what it like to play through the brackets along with surprises as they defeated the top seed Pirates by a 2-1 score.
During the regular season the Warriors lost to Oceanside in 2 games and the last time they played Fallbrook won by a 2-0 score but today throw out all the records and seeds out this is the CIF Tournament where you have to play hard.
Oceanside jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the home 1st as leadoff batter Will Hostetter led off with a walk and scored on Jorge Garcia's rbi single
Fallbrook came back in the top of the fourth as Mitchell Baker walked 4th batter Anthony Thomas hit a 2 run homer for a 2-1 lead
Pat Walker Head Baseball Coach at Fallbrook High School: "I expected a battle this is what the Valley League is about along with competitive teams, all year long we had nine 1 run games which is the way it is in this league."
"Anthony Thomas hit the home run for us did well with clutch hitting by hitting the line drive over the line and teammate Jace Cervantes has contributed well to our squad with 3 starts has gotten stronger great job as he threw 79 pitches as my relief pitcher Ethan Rink came in to close that is what kept us in the game. "said Coach Walker.
Anthony Thomas on his 2 run homer: "The first pitch that I was ready to hit was a fastball the game clutcher was a curveball he hung in and hit the ball I started off pretty hot I feel great and it is coming at the right time."
Jace Cervantes gets the win for Fallbrook and Jeremiah Goodwin gets the loss for Oceanside as these 2 teams will the play the deciding game at Oceanside High School on Thursday May 26th
0 Comments

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT