ADVERTISEMENT

5 California teams in new preseason national poll

Dave Keefer

Jul 4, 2001
MaxPreps has released its preseason top 25 football poll and five California teams are in it:

1. Cedar Hill, TX
5. De La Salle
10. Servite
11. St. John Bosco
17. Folsom
19. Gardena Serra

Check out Brandon Tatera's early January preseason poll under the thread, "Our first "pre-season" poll for SoCal".

He's pretty close to MaxPreps.

full story

Serra is going to be good Doc, my list was before they added Scrappy Norman and Deontay Burnett, Corey Adolphius, and CJ Pollard blew up this spring.

I'm waiting to see if Khalil McKenzie transfers from De La Salle soon like rumors indicate and I have been told by members of that staff its up in the air. His presence impacts their national ranking.

Where would mac end up ?

Serra is always loaded and those kids u mentioned are really good.

I havent shared this w my son yet, but i did have him watch their spring practice clip on you tube. He was like....man theyre big !!

Typical conflict with the coaches over school football and outside camps/etc. It's a huge loss for De La Salle, this kid has NFL size and bloodlines and could have been one the best players ever from the school.

bjbrandon posted on 6/6/2014...

Typical conflict with the coaches over school football and outside camps/etc. It's a huge loss for De La Salle, this kid has NFL size and bloodlines and could have been one the best players ever from the school.

bj, These highschool Coaches need to learn how to embrace these outside camps. It is alot like when Free-Agency entered the NFL. They have to adapt. I get the argument DeLaSalle runs a veer scheme. The camps he is attending run a zone scheme. He is preparing himself for the next level. Some Coaches need to take a step back and look @ the overall Big Picture for the player!

The only difference between this case and every other is his dad has a few more people caring about his job. The headline of sorts: "Raiders' GM All-American Son Leaves De La Salle" is huge news up here, my phone/email has been blowing up especially now that Kahlil/MaxPreps/Newspaper officially announced it late Monday evening.

Kahlil is a defensive tackle so that doesn't really apply. The idea of embracing outside camps is definitely right. I went from seeing him like 4 or 5 times this year on to now once/twice.

This post was edited on 6/9 10:53 PM by bjbrandon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT