ADVERTISEMENT

Why Are West Coast College Teams Losing the 5 Star Players?

Feb 28, 2011
Sometimes hard to understand why the great players in California want to go to Clemson and Alabama. I understand they are great programs, but give me a break. Have you ever been to South Carolina or Alabama? A lot of rednecks and lack of dentists.

Why would any great hs players want to leave Southern California when you have USC and UCLA? Must be some good under the table payouts.

Many kids want to get away from home and experience something different. All sections of the country see that happen. And please, there are wonderful folks everywhere including South Carolina and Alabama where I have nieces and nephews living. They chose to move there as adults. :)

Reactions: OPHS83
Football is better elsewhere away from the west coast. Look at college football playoff records, winning in general, producing NFL guys, game environments etc its pretty easy to leave the west coast.

Both LA schools are way down so that only helps other schools get talent from the region that is extremely deep and full of players. Oregon and Washington are getting guys so is Arizona State.

ADVERTISEMENT