ADVERTISEMENT

Way to go Spectrum. Lost the feed.

Fohian

Sep 5, 2001
That's what you get when you're a rinky dink station. Feed froze just before halftime

Yeah, that was frustrating.. and it went down right before the Bosco TD before the half. If I'm understanding correctly, they delayed the game a few minutes because of the lost feed. I could be wrong though. Halftime sure seemed long.

This feed is terrible guys. I tried to stream it on my laptop from their site and DirectTV and they are both rough. The state finals have been with the Spectrum channel for a while since they bought the rights from Fox.

Yeah, that was frustrating.. and it went down right before the Bosco TD before the half. If I'm understanding correctly, they delayed the game a few minutes because of the lost feed. I could be wrong though. Halftime sure seemed long.
Yup. Right before halftime and it was a long one
Then they came back with the studio team doing the call for the 3rd quarter plus.

And while I'm picking bones, what's up with that cheap ass looking CIF state title trophy? Couldn't they make it more substantial? It looks like it's made out of laminated wood and an engraved metal plate. It probably set the CIF back a whole $25. Dang!

Last edited:
Reactions: RedZone90
The technical issues in the Open game were a disgrace. On the bright side, it was nice to see that all games were being streamed this year and not exclusively to Spectrum customers like years past. I was also happy that Spectrum didn't black out the games they carried despite the warning message on the NFHS Network website.

I had the same reaction to the trophy. It seemed pretty cheap and underwhelming for a state football championship.

ADVERTISEMENT