ADVERTISEMENT

[Update on O'Neal!] Breaking News: Here are some football recruiting updates after weekend visits from CA prepsters to programs throughout the country

Dave Keefer

Jul 4, 2001
Per Rivals Oregon staff:

Josiah Sharma (Folsom) has locked in a visit for next week. After initially committing to Washington prior to Kalen DeBoer’s departure, the Ducks are making a push for Sharma. Texas is another team really pushing for the four-star out of Folsom (CA) High School. He has the kind of size (6-4, 320) that cannot be taught and a good skillset. I like where Oregon stands with Sharma right now.

Per Rivals Minnesota staff:

Gophers Nation has learned that offensive lineman Garrison Blank (Rocklin) has cancelled his official visit to Minnesota for June 14. The decision comes just days after the California native visited UCLA. We have FutureCasted Blank to land with the Bruins.

Per Rivals
Notre Dame staff:

Dylan Robinson’s (Bonita) recruitment is a bit unclear at this point. His first trip out to Notre Dame will come June 11-13 for his official visit, so it’s hard to feel really confident about a California recruit who hasn’t been to campus yet. There’s a sense that Washington may lead coming out of his official visit this past weekend. He’s scheduled to visit Utah this weekend.

Per Rivals
Oklahoma staff:

We will see 2026 four-star QB Jaden O’Neal (Narbonne) at camp as well. Was actually told that at youth camp yesterday when I spoke to a source about the QB situation in the afternoon.

The source also told OUinsider that O’Neal is one the Sooners “feel very confident about and think (OU) leads for.” I was told that if O’Neal was to choose OU on his visit, and while at camp, that the Sooners would “most definitely take it.”

So with what sources have led me to believe, and what I’ve heard through some other channels, I’m joining Steve Wiltfong in putting in a pick for Jaden O’Neal.

Seth Littrell seems to really love O’Neal, and you can tell that he is very picky about what QB is a fit. This will be an intriguing next week or two as we watch and see how the ‘26 QB sweepstakes unfolds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.