ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer to Granada Hills shines in opening loss to Venice

gvgrizzlyfan

Aug 15, 2005
Senior transfer Shane Tamura, from Golden Valley of Santa Clarita, ran for 84 yards, caught 2 passes for 26 and ran back a kickoff 93 yards for a TD in the Highlanders opening game loss to Venice 28-21 on the road. Tamura was named one of the players of the week for GH. Meanwhile, Golden Valley did not appear to miss him too much this week as they beat Antelope Valley 23-6 with 173 total yards on the ground including a 30 yard TD run by junior Alex Escamilla.

Reactions: simidave
I saw that Golden Valley won and thought of you Grizz. Will they make any noise in the Foothill League this season? And who you picking to win league?

Hi Dave, GV looks like they will be a disciplined team but the transfer has them lacking a game breaker like Tamura. They will likely have to sustain drives & play solid D. Don't expect huge noise from GV but even one league win would be headlines in that valley and it is possible. But week zero's results by West Ranch & Saugus show that GV will still find it tough going to get that first league win. I have to pick Valencia for champ since no one has been able to knock them off recently. I believe Hart has the best chance to upset them.

Dave Rogahn and I will be covering the Golden Valley at Glendale game on September 10th. Look for a game report on Californipreps.com

Dave Rogahn and I will be covering the Golden Valley at Glendale game on September 10th. Look for a game report on Californipreps.com
Late change - we ended up at Antelope Valley College for the Hart/Paraclete game. Maybe it was good luck for GV - they got a nice victory over Crescenta Valley.at Glendale HS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT