ADVERTISEMENT

The latest we're hearing on WR Tavian McNair (Corona Centennial), DE Jerod Martin (Central Union), and TE Vander Ploog (Troy).

Dave Keefer

Jul 4, 2001
Per our Rivals Arizona State staff:

Corona (Calif.) Centennial wide receiver Tavian McNair is a teammate of ASU pledge Cory Butler and was expected to render his commitment last week as Butler did but is now expected to do so later this week. Now, he was scheduled to be in Utah this weekend, and that was unexpected, the best I can tell, and he still has a visit to Cal this weekend and Kansas the following weekend.

Will those visits change the path of his recruiting process? We’ll keep track of that. Right now, from what I know, he *should* be in the fold for ASU.

Here are a couple of other California prospects who I wouldn’t consider an ASU lean but have undoubtedly been very receptive to Arizona State.

DE Jerod Martin is perhaps the most coveted defensive end on the board for Arizona State. He was supposed to visit Cal this month, but not sure that did/will take place. But I do expect him to visit TCU this weekend, and I also do not expect him to make any decision before that visit. He’s a top 100 California prospect who hails from El Centro right off the I-8 60 miles west of Yuma. We’ll see if ASU wins the proximity battle because he would be an outstanding pickup.

TE Vander Ploog (Troy) is another prospect who is way high on ASU's list in his respective position group. He’s a four-star recruit and ranked No. 28 among California prospects. Already visited Washington and did have a good visit to Tempe. Utah, which he will visit this weekend, appears to be the toughest competition here, although he is scheduled to visit Cal this month, too.

Much like Martin not expecting him to decide after he has taken all of his visits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News